Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was playin around wiht my truck yesterday...just tinkering...It will set and idle smooth....but when you rev it up and hold it at say 2500 rpm....It is really ruff and it is hard to maintain a constant rpm........It want to rev up and down..and then drops down back to idle...... WEll I unplug the tps.....and the thing sets and idles smooth and takes gas fine.....no unconstant engine speed..........Now though you can rev it up to 3500 and it backfires.......... I plug up the tps again and it starts right back to spit when i give it gas....then while it is setting and idlein i crawl up under neath it and hit the gas tank............then it starts missing whil ideling and it will harldy run............started to idle real lopey and want to smother out......tps or fuel pump.....which one.....could there be lots of trash in the tank?????? I need my truck to run....and i dont have the money to take it to a shop....and dont have enough time to start takein stuff apart.......what should i do???any body got suggestions???? ???

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, possibly the in-tank sock filter or fuel pickup is plugged/plugging....

Could also be a tired fuel pump, deteriorated fuel lines, plugged fuel filter(s)....

-SM

·
Registered
10 Posts
I HAD THIS PROBLEM ONCE. NO MY OTHER PROBLEM IS A SEPARATE ISSUE ::). BUT I ACTUALLY HAD A DEFECTIVE THROTTLE BODY. GET A BOOK. ITS EITHER HAYNES OR CHILTONS AND CHECK THE DATE CODE ;D

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a book on it...........im thinkin saturday.....(my day off.....) i will get up and drop the tank....as much as i hate too..........it looks like that is what it is comein down too........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts