Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Administrator
241 I hope.

Ok, I will keep looking, but not finding much at all with lips. I have a few ideas, but not much hope.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
241? - was that the OE t-case in the half-tons? My bad 馃お

It's all good, no worries man - if we can find a suitable upgrade, great, if not then the OE one will be fine too (y)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
coolieo :) - Spoke with J.C. at Timken, and he recommended a 471854 - it doesn't have an outer flange, but it is a third thicker, which will help 1) retain it in the bore and 2) keep it 'square' in the bore - both 'benefits'.

Registered
I could not find a "dodge" gasket for my 241 / adapter , so I used one for chebby , however the gasket will go on at least 2 ways but only one way stops it from leaking , a small hole must be in the right "place" ..

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
so this is even more coolier :) ...

...after getting the above gouge from Timken the next of course of action is trying to locate one...which no one has, like, anywhere. Awesome. Ok, well in calling around, Autozone said they don't have that number but it crossed over to a Duralast #2692...but it 'has a lip on the outside'...to which I said 'I'll be right over to have a look'. When I got there I was very pleasantly surprised to find exactly what I was looking for in the first place - a replacement seal for the National 710058...but with a lip, and...I think...this Duralast (and National) 2692 is...exactly 'it', and it has a double lip - bonus (y) :)

This 2692 lists as both a wheel seal and a crankshaft seal...and I guess I can add 46/47RH tail housing-to-transfer-case-input-shaft seal :)

I haven't yet tried to tap in into the tail housing but it does fits perfectly around the Atlas input shaft - I'll know how well it fits the tail housing in about an hour...

Reactions: SuperBurban

Registered
a tip for the future , look for an "industrial bearing house " near you , here there is one called "industrial bearing " they have much better catalogs , can find bearings/seals just by size that are NOT listed in the automotive catalogs , thats where I buy 'speedie sleeves " for d60 rears while the A/P fellas scratch their heads asking whats a speedie sleeve ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts