Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil pressure problem sovled, I think. The oil plug in front of the oil pump drive gear was missing. To repair this in the truck I started the threads with a "skew-driver" and 8mm hex bit, I then snugged it with a cut down 8mm allen head socket. Worked like a charm!

I am now running 25 to 35 at idle and 60 to 70 psi at crusing. What pressures do you guys/gals ussually have?

looks like the disrtbutor gear was off two notches. Now it is idling nicely at 10* BTDC, and the rotation of the distributor is in about the same location as the old motor.

Thank you all

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Just saw your first post, glad this worked out for you. Your machine shop should be severly embarassed about not putting the plug in to the point of giving $$$$ back. It is hard to find people who know anything about MOPARS. I can't tell you the number of arguements I have been in over whether or not a block is a 383 or a 440. All of these were with self described "experts" that should alwasy scare us!

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dude, I'm glad that's all it was! It's a trick to get that plug in but do-able. I was pulling my hair out when I started my fresh motor & had the same problem, my machine shop does top-fuel motors for Dale Creasy & they still left that pug out, I guess I'm not top on they'er list but still. I checked my bearings after I got good oil pressure & they looked fine, it seems you have plenty of volume going every where just not a lot of pressure & the mains/rods are getting the oil first. Ferlin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts