Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a post on this subject a while back, and I did go back and read it all. Good info...thanks.

However, would it be easier to remove the pan if the front of the truck was supported on stands on the frame (letting that axel droop a bit) or just run it up on a ramp?

As always, thanks...you guys are great!

(I'm beginning to think I should change my login name to: Doesn't Know Sh!t)

As always

·
29,446 Posts
I don't see how it would help much unless your truck isn't very far off of the ground and you need more room for YOU to get under it.
The crossmember is your obstacle, not your axle.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
Kt's right, it's the crossmember not the axle that's the problem. I got mine out of my '83 pu (318) without jacking it up (truck's stock height), but I'm one of those skinny little guy's {smoke} . Harder part was getting it back in, I slipped that front rounded piece of gasket off twice, someone said it's easier to put that piece on after you get the pan back under the engine. FSM says you pull engine m't'g' bolts and jack up the front of the engine for more clearence.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i had to loosen my motor mount bolts and jack the motor up about an inch to get the pan between the crossmember and motor. its not that hard thats on an 84 rc with a 360. the front axle was not in the way at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts