Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
Are multi-purpose rubber hose (also rated for petroleum products) rated for 250lbs PSI sufficient for oil line for a remote filter? In other words, what is the max pressure on the oil line of a 440? Hope you techs out there can help.

Mac

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I used 350psi hose but that's what came with my kit.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I use braided oil line, so there is no worry of rubbing and wearing the hose.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Revealing the gaps in my knowledge here but I learn fast. Where can I get braided oil line? Like at a hydraulic line place? What are the fittings like?

Evildriver-3 said:
I use braided oil line, so there is no worry of rubbing and wearing the hose.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Earls, aero quip, summit has everything you will need just figure out how you want to run it and then order all the parts

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I'll add my 2 cents in....

I have bought braided line from Summit and love it. I have used it for tranny cooler lines. If you go to www.holley.com and click on the Earl's link at the bottom you can find all kinds of technical info on how to assemble braided line and also get part #s for what you need. I needed a couple adapters that weren't listed in Summit's online catalog, but I was still able to order them from Summit cause I had part #s.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
After you cut the braided line it is very important to get some kind of spray cleaner and spray the hose out, there is the chance that a little piece of braid that was cut get's in the hose and then get's in the motor, wether it be from you or the factory cutting it's lenght, but be warned a 1/4" long single strand of braided hose will kill your oil pump

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had planned to flush it out with acetone then blow compressed air though it and let it air dry thoroughly. Gotta keep that engine clean and trouble free.

Evildriver-3 said:
After you cut the braided line it is very important to get some kind of spray cleaner and spray the hose out, there is the chance that a little piece of braid that was cut get's in the hose and then get's in the motor, wether it be from you or the factory cutting it's lenght, but be warned a 1/4" long single strand of braided hose will kill your oil pump

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Yep definetly keep everything cleen then clean it again
Evildriver-3 said:
be warned a 1/4" long single strand of braided hose will kill your oil pump
Some of us learned this the Hard Way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.