Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone,

i have a 93 ramcharger with 318/5.2. the oil light keeps coming on when i slow down or come to a stop. i'm not losing or burning any oil. just wondered if anyone could help me figure it out?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Odds are, it's nothing serious. Dodge idiot lights are notorius for what you describe.

The general concensus around here is to replace the oil sender and light with a mechanical guage to get an accurate picture of the oil pressure.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
mine used to come on when it started after sitting and not go off, I addedan electrical Autometer and found the pressure just hesitates for a second before it comes up. Enough to trigger then light I guess.

So, like already mentioned, you may try an aftermarker gauge first before you panic. The guage is a whole new set up on it's own. It has it's one sending unit (or fittings for a mechanical guage) that replaces the factory sender. You can leave the factory bulb in, it just won't do anything anymore.

I had to jump a couple terminals on the factory harness to get the elec choke to work again. No choke on a 93, but it may have something else that gets switched when the oil press comes up that may require similar terminal jumping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.