Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one.

;D

It has 2 filters, and I was wondering if it mattered how far back to go, and if it should be mounted lower then the original filter, or about the same level. I just want to move them back enough to keep the header heat out, and to hold a little more oil. The 318 has the stock oil pump with 88,000 miles. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You can mount it anywhere you want to-ANYWHERE!!

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
If you're going through the pain of installing a relocation kit, you might as well put it somewhere where you don't have to crawl anywhere to get to it. Along side the inner fender would be a nice spot.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The inner fender wall on the pass side is a good spot. You will need the 48" hoses that do not come with the stock kit. Have to order those and they cost $$$. I did it and it is ok. The only problems that I have ran into is when you take the filter(s) off, have something such as a gallon milk container handy that is cut in half to catch the oil, it will run all over the place. Second issue was when I did my last oil change. The filter got stuck to the mounting base due to heat in the engine compartment. I had to take the base off and really put alot of effort in getting the filter off. I do use new oil on the filter seal when install but it was a pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.