Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To help plan future meets and possible Florida events, I'd like to have your help developing a database of locations. These locations will likely be offroad locations but not limited to 4wds. Other non off road locations I'd like to include will be scenic roadways for cruises, drag strips, and mud bog tracks.

To add off road locations, please include the following info;
Local name,
Location (nearest town, route number or highway to the trail head),
Type of off roading (i.e. mud, sand, trails or a combination of such)
Difficulty (i.e passable to 2wds, passable to only 4wds, requires large tires, etc.)
Legal issues (such as tresspassing, open to the public, requires regestering etc.)
Short summery describing the location.

For scenic roadways please include the following info
Name of the route,
Things to see or visit
Favorite things
If there is a place to visit along the route, (i.e. Disney, Kennedy space center, Pensacola Naval air station) please include the cost of any entry fees (Or passes) and the hrs of operation.

Drag strips and Mud bogs;
Include the name and location
Price of entry fees and hrs of operation.

Thank you
Ed

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
well, down here we have the immokalee 1/8th mile drag strip. and the illegal one out in lehigh acres.
off road areas i have not determined yet because 1) i dont have 4 wheel drive or big tires or anything like that and 2) because i have been pretty busy doing school work and that sorta crap. i do know where a few trails are though and could be possibly a great place to go if i could only figure out how to get there.
we have beaches here (but that doesnt count cuz we are in FLORIDA)
i dont know of any other attractions really unless you like to see lots of blue hairs drive really slow and stuff.

jeremy

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
O.K.
Heres a few offraod places that i know of and have been too.
1: " The Bar Pits ". New Smyrna Beach Fla. Where we went wheeling that day. We never actually went to the mud runs and THE DITCH on the power line road as everyone was read to split by then. Nice place, good trails, deep water, Great Mud runs. Bonfire and camping friendly. Price : Free.
2. The Bandit mud races. Hwy 415 and hwy 44 across the street from the New Smyrna Speedway. Mud Races open to the public every Saturday Night starting at 7:00p.m. Rain or shine. Run what you Brung. Big trucks only, very deep and tough mud pits. Cost is $3.00 per truckload..
3. Scottsmore Trails: South of New smyrna in Oak Hill area. Similar in many aspects to the Bar pits. Not qite as large an area and no pretty lake. moderate to Really tough Trails. Long Deep Mud runs (3). Fire and Camping friendly. Price: Free.
4 The Old Boyscout camp. Debary, Florida.
On the St. Johns river. Lots of wooded trails and some mud a little water but great rope swings and jumping trees into the river. Good swimming area. fire and camping friendly. Price: Free. (note) Haven't been out there in a few years so not sure as to condition of area will attempt to Scout soon.
5. "Sea World" As seen in Chucks Trucks. I4 near Sea World exit. www.chuckstrucks.com. Very tough mud runs and too much for average wheeler. Private area I am told but not hard to get invited cost is Free.
As for the other stuff locally of course is Daytona beach and all the Racing stuff.
That's all I can think of for now but that's pretty good Huh?
Rodney

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
well, not to let this topic die, i have found more areas to go offroading at down here. theres a place called the prairie thats not far at all from me, and its, well basically a big open mudpit. the trails to get there arent the largest or most comfy to ride on, but its a pretty cool place. theres a "river" that borders it that might have fish in it.. i am really hoping to host the next meet after the ocala one down here. just a little more bribing and im sure it will happen. there are lots of other trails that i have yet to explore. i will get back to yall with those.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i found more places to go offroad. lots of trails and dirt roads and stuff. nothin too serious. found some good muddin and stuff. and i found a guys house, but lets not go there... ::) i also found another guys house and he has a HUGE 4 wheeler. its like a regular 4 wheeler thats been enlargened at least 20 times. it has to have 40 inch tires on it. and its got a honda motor i think maybe a civic motor in it. and u sit on it and steer it like a 4 wheeler. its crazy!! other than that nothin much different

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
found the place i will take everyone to during the meet. its a big open muddy feild that has been pretty much untouched. theres a few obstacles such as a charred boat and some cement culvurts but other than that its a big open mud pit. tim and i found it while we were scouting for areas. theres a fire pit, and lots of mud. and plenty of parking. i guarantee it will be loads of fun, but be prepared to get muddy!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
At the request of a couple of the members over at www.floridajeepers.net I have set up an entire Category dedicated to this here.
I also set up an FTP site where I can upload various databases related to places to wheel. You can find that here.

;D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
well the frist post had said something about the bar pits
well where is it at i would like to check it out

also to keep up on the database i know of a few while they last:
in orange city at the end of blue springs road there is rail road tracks if you go left thier is lots off trails which lead towrds twin lakes where a few years back people were getting in trouble for going out there but i use to go out their all alot in the past few months the last time i was out there someone gave me a hard time and followed me out havent been back since there is no no tresspassing signs but beware
now i realy like to go out to saint fransis take 44 out of deland and in to lake county right after the bride(st johns river) make a right on to 42 just a little ways down on the right thier is lots of trails the main forest road is 541but their is mud lots of sand and h2o down many of them also their is st fransis hill (off of 541)its tall with lots of soft sand and many ways up it so check it out

·
Registered
231 Posts
Way over here in P-cola we have a swamp that has trails through it. It's about 20-30 minutes south of I-10 on Blue Angel HWY. Entrance is behind a store named Deja Vu. Good mud to be slung.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
has anybody checked out old railroad grade road????
it owsome were talking mud h2o crossings stumps to avoid the whole 9 yards
it kinda tight for our big dodges but you guy should check it out it is located off of hwy 19 it is the frist trail on the left right after the rangers station after your in the trail it splits and you want to go right and thats it the frist hole is the worst and it gets easyer as you go down it the trail goes all the way throw to the forest rd that the scrub is on i want to say that it is 573 but dont quote me
also guys i am still looking for blueberry hill and some more spots to play around in

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
mopar-man 3000 said:
has anybody checked out old railroad grade road????
it owsome were talking mud h2o crossings stumps to avoid the whole 9 yards
it kinda tight for our big dodges but you guy should check it out it is located off of hwy 19 it is the frist trail on the left right after the rangers station after your in the trail it splits and you want to go right and thats it the frist hole is the worst and it gets easyer as you go down it the trail goes all the way throw to the forest rd that the scrub is on i want to say that it is 573 but dont quote me
also guys i am still looking for blueberry hill and some more spots to play around in
OK Mopar man get out your map... blueberry hill follow 573 west past big scrub hang a right at the next clay road 523 follow it to 595-1 another major clay road. Go straight across the road and follow the sand trail. Blueberry hill will be on your right about a couple miles down. Keep a look out for it.
turbo

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
well guys i was lookin for info online, and found some nice roads and stuff not real far from me.. in the big cypress nat'l preserve.. and NO 50$ charge for it or anything like that.. just some roads claiming to be under water 1/2 the year and lots of camping.. i will check it out before anyone comes down just so its not dissapointing to anyone..

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Ok... A spot a little further north.... ;D

Called the Rodman Sand pits....

Free for all...
Close to bathrooms for the women...
mostly just a big sand box.

From the south...

head up to/thru the Ocala Nat. Forest on SR-19.
Just before you get to the cross florida barge canal bridge, the road is on your left, with a sign saying Rodman Reservoir or Rodman Dam.

Follow that road all the way past the dam and the sandpits are at the end of the road.

G

·
That sounds like the place i'm thinking of. I've only seen it at night, so I don't know much about the trails around there.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
4 The Old Boyscout camp. Debary, Florida.
On the St. Johns river. Lots of wooded trails and some mud a little water but great rope swings and jumping trees into the river. Good swimming area. fire and camping friendly. Price: Free. (note) Haven't been out there in a few years so not sure as to condition of area will attempt to Scout soon.

do u know the name of the boy scout camp? im a boy scout and i dont know of any camps in that area

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.