Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we are for sure doing something on the weekend of 12-13 October. Since the Chili cookoff is messing us up, should we divert to the Superstitions or press on to C/K regardless?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I still haven't found out if I got the days off yet ???, but it doesn't really make a difference to me. I'm a little partial to the Crown King trail since I haven't done it yet, but whatever is best for the group. So like Mohammad said, "Onward to Crown the King"

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am thinkin we should do the superstitions. Crown King is gonna be a mad house that weekend. I would like to get away to relax, not to run into a bunch of drunkards. Whatever you guys decide on is fine, I'll do either. The main focus will be hangin out with you guys and havin a good time. I just think that would be alot easier in a less crowded area. My 2 cents.

Ryan

·
Registered
244 Posts
I won't be able to make either one as I will be at Disneyland that weekend. I will be looking foreward to the next group 4x4 excursion. That trail to Crown King is a lot of fun!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just found out today that I'll be attending the CK run with the rest of you. ;D My Sgt. gave me the time off so now I'll finally be able to meet most of you. We are still going right ??? I don't have a CB :( so I can't tell when the rest of you are making fun of me, but I should be okay. C-ya soon.... 8)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I myself am still deciding if I have the funds to go or not...but I would prefer C/K. GunPilot keeps reminding me that it will only cost me a tank of gas and a package of Johnsonville Brawts.......

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mohammad said:
Well, that's good to hear Colossus, and no need to worry, I'm sure all the jesting will be targeted at me.
Yeah Mo, stay away from the cliffs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
awesome! ;D

i dont have a CB either, i figure i'll just catch a few pigeons that morning and we can tie little notes to their legs and communicate that way ;D ;D
We can wrap them in duct tape and throw them back and forth like footballs. Then again, we could just get footballs, but what would be the fun in that??

p.s. I hate pigeons, they always crap on my stuff

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, the poll is running a bit toward the CK run rather than the Supers. Here's what I've been thinking:

1. I spent the week in Prescott, and it was cold as heck. CK would be colder, as it is higher. Are we ready to camp in that weather?

2. The chili cook-off is really bugging me. It's been pointed out to me by Twister that it could take well into the hours of darkness to get up there, even with an early start time. My concern is running around in the dark in an unfamiliar area trying to find a campsite for a bunch of vehicles. Do we want to operate like that?

3. If we go to the Superstitions instead, we'll have less (or no) crowds, we'll get to the campsite for sure in the early afternoon, we can set up camp while it's light, and start the cameraderie early.

4. We have 5 votes for CK and 3 for the Supers on the poll now. Two of the 5 for CK are from me and Twister. My question is this:

How many participants will we lose if we switch to the Superstitions now? And how many will we gain?

My goal is maximum enjoyment for all. Right now, I'm strongly inclined to switch the area to the Superstitions due to the above concerns. But I don't want to lose participants by doing so. Help me out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I can figure out and fix the problem with the "growling" sound from my rear end, I will go and vote for the Superstitions run instead. GP has some good points that I agree with now..... ;D

·
Registered
329 Posts
The cold weather doesn't bother me that much escpecially since I'm still uncertain about whether or not I can stay the night up there. How bad is the cook off going to affect the trail portion. I stopped to help out a guy in a Blazer near the Bumble Exit, he had just come from the CK trail and said that it took them about 6-7 hours to complete. That included changing a tire and helping out a stock Nissan Pathfinder through some of the tougher spots (which he also said the Nissan made it through with no real trouble). I believe there were 5-6 vehicles in his party. What was the scheduled departure time set for? If we decide to change to the Supers I'll still go, I just wanted the opportunity to do some good wheelin'. Are there any specific trails in the Supers that you had in mine? I think Montana Mtn is near there, I also know that on the south side of US 60 there are some more trails such as Box Canyon, the Coke Ovens, Martinez Cabin and so forth. I would like to do the CK run if possible, but in the end I'll go along with whatever works best for the club. ;D

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neuget said:
If I can figure out and fix the problem with the "growling" sound from my rear end,
Maybe some Pepto-Bismol or Ex-Lax is in order...?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Off road poser type? I resemble that remark.... ;) Thanks for the invite...I may take you up on that. I'll let ya know.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
343 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
i broke one of the studs on my honda, ...i ran down to the 24 hour autozone and got a new stud and nut for $3
Nick, you need to get a torque wrench dude

(fixed quote)

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, owing to the lack of vehement opinion one way or another, Crown King it is. I think we'll have a good time regardless.

Now, Roll Call. Who's going? I'll start:

GP and Twister (360 RC)
Mohammad (2500 Cummins)
Colossus Ram + Monica (360 RC)
AZ_84 (ride-along)
Neuget (ride-along)
Brandon and Anora (Chevy ?! )
justplainjoe and justplainjackie (440 RC)

How about meeting in the same place we did for the Lake Pleasant trip at 0800 Saturday, OCT 12. We will leave there at 0830 sharp because we have to get this party started. Please don't be late!! It's a long way up.

1Bad, er , AZ_84, can you provide us with good directions to the campsites you mentioned?

Let's get ready to have some safe fun and treat the other guys to the rumble of some Mopar 4X4's!

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can count me and my fiance in. Umm, where are we going ??? J/K ;D

·
Registered
660 Posts
As long as I can still ride with someone, I can still go. It's now just a matter of makin sure I have all my campin stuff together. I can get us to the site, no prob, just a matter of whether or not its taken.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mohammad,
Is the offer to ride with you still open? If so, I'll take you up on it. I could help clear you of any cliffs on the right side of the vehicle..... ;) Just kidding. Anyway, I'd like to go...but don't want to take the Nugget -- it's still growling in the rear. Going to troubleshoot it this week and try to figure out where it's coming from. ???

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who else is going? Come on AZ, it's just getting nice out! :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts