Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NV3500 I pulled out of a 92 D150. Weird because all the paperwork I have seen says this is a 1994+ trans for the half ton.  Regardless.

The truck it came from is long gone, rust. I have recently acquired an 82 D250. Since i dont like auto transmissions I am thinking about swapping. Looking for some advice.

going from the 92 magnum 318 to the 82 LA 318 shouldnt have any problems (clutch/slave/throwout/bell) or am I wrong?

I didnt save the trans mount. would i be better off modifying what I have now to work with the NV?

Need to know whats involved in the pedal swap and to source those parts.

I appreciate any advice, pics, or past issues with this swap you all have faced.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Are you sure it's an NV3500 and not a NP2500/A535?  The NV3500 should indeed be a '94 and up transmission.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elwenil said:
Are you sure it's an NV3500 and not a NP2500/A535? The NV3500 should indeed be a '94 and up transmission.
Thats what I thought too. But no. Confirmed the numbers. So weird. Was probably swapped into the 92??? Who knows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.