Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
I got a safer idea. You could have her drive it and get up to 60 or so. Then you could be driving another vehicle going in reverse. You could then just open the door and hang your head out at put it up against the rear tire. You should get a good idea where its comin from then. ;D :p

I know, I'm a smartass. No comments needed. Just kiddin Nueget, I am sure will be safe about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I tried that already, but I kept getting hit by those little white bumps in the freeway...... :eek:

Actually, I think it might be a drive shaft problem. Might lube up the u-joints or worse case scenerio is I could install the d/s from the Cadavor. Only problem is it's about an inch or so longer than the Nugget's. Although the 4" lift came from the Cadavor......hhhmmmmm... ???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The shaft seems to be long enough for the slip yoke -- especially when I installed the wedges GP gave me that took a lot of the angle out of the drive shaft. I lubed the u-joints about an hour ago and put anti-sieze on the slip yoke (as per a suggestion I got from the XJ website). I took it for a spin and it might have solved the problem. I am going for another ride after dinner with the spouse-type unit and see if we can hear it anymore. Wish me luck.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's an old Plymouth that GP owns. Another project for later down the road I guess...... ::)

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
justplainjoe said:
Just curious, whats that car parked next to the jeep?
It's the 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook that was bought new by Twister's grandpa. Still runs (flat 6), drives, never has had a clutch (!).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just thought of something. How do you change the filter on that 4.0 without dumping all the oil out of it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well all the oil does not drain out...I usually drain the pan, then do the filter. I lay out a bunch of paper towels or rags in the area where I know it will drip....then just be careful. All in all..it's not that bad once you know what's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
AZ_84RCer said:
Just thought of something. How do you change the filter on that 4.0 without dumping all the oil out of it?
The oil filter also has a non-drainback valve on it that keeps it from running out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Some do..but I remember the first time I did it, whoever did it before me used a cheap filter.........and oil went everywhere. Now I take every precaution to soak up any drips..... ;)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.