Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just went to NAPA and got a roll of gasket material, and cut my own, using the cover as a template

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Replaced the PTO gasket on the NP435 and filled it up.  Waiting a week and it’s leaking at the bottom.  I used a Felpro gasket and Permatex spray gasket.  Mating surfaces were extremely clean as I wanted it right the first time.  I guess I should have used a gasket sealer.

·
Registered
1975 Dodge w300
478 Posts
I've done a few of these, and they all weep. I think next time I feel like dumping the gear oil I'm gonna use the Indian head like Doge boys says.I hate the stuff cause it doesnt come off but then again, I shouldnt have to take them off for a long long time. The permatex gear oil silicone did not work for me , and i even did the threads of the bolts.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yeah , ya need to go to a large TRUCK  parts store , and you need the 6 bolt "small " pto gasket ... you know a store that sells parts for semi's .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.