Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 1977 w250 just started making a knocking noise when driveing ,it don't make the noise when it drifting . It is full time 4wd so i can't tell if its the trans or transfer case. the trans is a np435 and transfer case is np 203. Could the chain in the transfer case be slipping.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
drifting , you mean coasting , so it only makes the noise under load / thats tough to say , your gonna hafta get it on a lift to run it in the air

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drifting , you mean coasting , so it only makes the noise under load / thats tough to say , your gonna hafta get it on a lift to run it in the air
The transmission shifts good and transfer case shifts good, and noise goes up as speed goes up.The drive shafts seem tight , haven't check front u joints

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I jacked up the front end and checked drive shaft again and the front universal was a little loose, Would putting it under load make it knock because when i coast it don't knock at all going down hill.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I jacked up the front end and checked drive shaft again and the front universal was a little loose, Would putting it under load make it knock because when i coast it don't knock at all going down hill.
Truck is now fixed it was the carden joint in the middle of the other 2 u joints, I had someone to rebuild it instead of a cheap chinese one $264

1 - 6 of 6 Posts