Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
I don't think so.  At most I see a 1410 listed, but I believe that is for a W350 with the NP205.  All the NP205, NP208 and NP241 are 32 spline outputs, so you should be able to swap in a yoke to get what you want, though you may have to change the seal to match the ID and OD.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I don't know about 1310 or 1350 seals for Dodge. But, the seal for a 1410 fixed yoke for a NP241D is one of the following.

Napa #21061
Or
National Seal #473204 (Advance Auto)

These numbers came up in a RCC post many years ago and I kept this information for the day I installed 1410 yokes, ujoints, and rear driveshaft. I haven't done it yet.

Also, Jeep used the 1310 ujoints and yokes in their 80 thru 88 J10 and 80 thru 83 full size Cherokee from behind their NP208J. Those seals may fit the Dodge NP208. The same seals may have been used on their NP219, NP228, and NP229. But, I don't know that for sure. And, I don't know what the output shaft spline count is for the 1310 yoke. But, it may be worth cross referencing those items.

EDIT: Just looked up notes on my old J10 Build. The Jeep NP208 1310 yoke is also 32 spline and uses the Autozone #473204 seal. That should also be available at the other parts stores.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you are looking for new, 1410 is probably the only way to go.  Almost everything has been discontinued in O.E. sizes/ detroit.  You pretty much have to upgrade to 1410 as Elwenil indicated.  You could also dive into the spicer catelog of yokes/joints to see what you could come up with.  If you get a part number you can search it online and you might get lucky finding an O.E. one laying around at a drivetrain shop somewhere.  Be sure you cross reference all numbers not just yoke size for u joint.  ID and OD are very very important so nothing leaks as J10Mike indicated.  Luckily seals are pretty easy to come by. 

Keep cross referencing numbers and you might be pleasantly surprised or horribly disappointed in your yoke search. I had both occur, I thought I found an original detroit one a couple years back when looking for the bolt on yoke on my np435, but the shop said they sold it just days before I called.  They had that part since the mid 90's based on the date on the box. Guy couldn't believe that 2 people called in the same week for it after it had sat on the shelf all that time. I called three more shops with no luck whatsoever.  Each one said that everything had been discontinued and I would have to upgrade and get a new driveshaft made, since a "bastard" (multi-size) u joint didn't exist for what I was trying to do.  Finally I gave in and just had everything upgraded to 1410 for overkill, new shaft and all. 

Best of luck,

Neil

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I was doing some seal seal size comparison and I've been figuring I can rob the 1330cv yoke off the back of a Bronco 205. Have not actually tried though. Made me wonder if other 205 yokes could work... GM used 1310 and 1350 on their fixed-yoke 205s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.