Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my np205 installed today and realized the rear yoke of it is in no way close to the right size for the stock rear driveshaft I have.

From inner seat to inner seat (width) of the rear output on the 205 is ~4.185 and the total width of my stock rear driveshaft's u-joint is ~3.200.

The NP205 is out of a 93 deisel.

Do I need to replace the output yoke? Is there an adapter u-joint I can use that uses both sizes?

Here's a picture of the set up:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think that is a 1410 yoke.

·
Registered
223 Posts
use your yoke off the t-case u pulled out and macth the seal od of 205 and id off old yoke.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
There is no 1410 to 7260 bastard joint.  Best bet is to swap yokes.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Don't throw that yoke out, I paid almost a hundred bucks for one just like it. :(

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Elwenil said:
There is no 1410 to 7260 bastard joint. Best bet is to swap yokes.
I agree. I have never seen a 1410 to 7260 U joint. Measure your driveshaft U joint, C clip to C clip and the cap diameter. I have a bunch of yokes from rears and NP 205 cases. Also output diameter and spline count. Maybe I can help you out.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would it matter that the shafts (both front and rear) are too long to fit? So I'll need to have them cut down anyway. Should I get the larger 1410 end put on my rear shaft at that point? Probably a bit stronger- right? I'll get some measurements when I get home.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hybrid 1ton said:
Would it matter that the shafts (both front and rear) are too long to fit? So I'll need to have them cut down anyway. Should I get the larger 1410 end put on my rear shaft at that point? Probably a bit stronger- right? I'll get some measurements when I get home.
If you have to shorten your driveshafts I would keep the 1410 on the NP 205 and get a 1410 yoke installed on the driveshaft when you get it shortened. I bought a 1410 sliding yoke from HighAngle Driveline to install on my current driveshaft so it would mate with my 1410 yoke on my Dana 70 rear axle.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4x4 440 said:
If you have to shorten your driveshafts I would keep the 1410 on the NP 205 and get a 1410 yoke installed on the driveshaft when you get it shortened. I bought a 1410 sliding yoke from HighAngle Driveline to install on my current driveshaft so it would mate with my 1410 yoke on my Dana 70 rear axle.
Yikes. More money. So my options would be to swap the output yoke of the 205 to the smaller joint size and still need my driveshaft shortened. Or..... convert the driveshaft to 1410, need a new axle yoke in 1410 and still need the shaft shortened...

Time to call a driveline shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts