Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
That's not a bad deal for the gas generators.  Usually they tend to go for more than the diesel versions.  With the trailer it's a great deal but that guy is out of his mind towing one of those with a pickup and the trailer is going to need a lot of work before it can be pulled.  As it sits you would have to load it on a trailer if you bought it.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats wrong with the condition of the trailer?

I have pulled the standard M105 around with a 3/4 ton truck, no problem. They aren't heavy, and only have a 5K rating. A 3/4 ton is more than capable of towing 5,000 lbs.

That one with the generators would only be in the 3,000 to 4,000# range.

My M105 Military trailer. It pulls just fine behind my truck. It gets used for scrapping, and hauling firewood out of the rough, over the highway, and in town.

You just replace the 24V bulds with 1157's and add a 4 prong trailer end.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
That's 4k lbs with no brakes on the trailer, which is illegal here where I live.

As far as the trailer condition, note that all but two of the wheel studs are broken off on the one side.  ;D

On your trailer, did you know that you can rotate the lunette eye down so the trailer doesn't nose down so much with a smaller truck?  May or may not be an issue depending on the height of the tow rig but I thought I would mention it since I noticed yours is still flipped up.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I knew about the ring flip deal. With my 4x4 its not an issue, but if I had to use a 2wd or lower truck I would be flipping that over pronto.

I see the studs missing now, missed that the first time. But thats not a killer, studs are cheap. And readily available.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Looks interesting.  I imagine those things are loud when they run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts