Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we picked November 2nd for out BBQ.  Now, where should we hold it?  I still think the Ogden/Clearfield area would work best, but I don't know the area well enough to pick a spot.  

Who has a suggestion?  I plan to bring my little gas grill for roasting the 'dogs.  We need a place with some benches, tables, and maybe some shelter if the weather is bad.

I'd like to have a location nailed down by Sunday so that everyone can make plans to be there.  ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let me look around. I'll try and find you guys a good park. Sorry I don't hit the board as much as I should. I'll try and keep up to speed a bit better... lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If anybody is familiar at all with the area, I'm looking at dinosaur park and layton commons. Do we have kids coming? If so, both these parks are pretty good. Layton park has a nice pond and ducks/geese to feed with lots of play area, and Dinosaur park is pretty cool in that it has an outdoor dinosaur type museum, the ogden river, and many close hiking trails as well as a good golf course nearby, and it is at the mouth of Ogden canyon see info at http://www.dinopark.org. I'll drive by dinosaur park and see how the picnic areas are. I know there are a ton of good picnic spots at the layton park.

·
Registered
255 Posts
November second is good for me. ;) I will mention it to the guys on Contour.org, they are planning a meet soon too.

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we'll leave the location decision to you guys in the area. If you guys feel you find a good location, we'll go with it.

I'm sure there will be children there, and we need someplace free. Just a park where we can set up the grill, sit around and bs for a while. A place that would keep the kids at least somewhat entertained would probably be good. ;D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Barnes Park (Layton/Kaysville area) has grills set up allready, not the best tho, has volleyball areas, toys for kids, basketball courts, baseball fields, ect.. its right off the kaysville exit and head west, can't miss it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats the one right across the railroad tracks isn't it? If its the one I'm thinking of, its a good park. Sounds good to me. What time Saturday is good? I talked with my wife, and it sounds like I get to come. Also, how are we doing this? Bring your own, potluck, ...?

Nic

Weg said:
Barnes Park (Layton/Kaysville area) has grills set up allready, not the best tho, has volleyball areas, toys for kids, basketball courts, baseball fields, ect.. its right off the kaysville exit and head west, can't miss it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It sure is...i dunno what time i can do it sat, i have to work from 12-2 and 6-8 that day (prob wont get off work till around 3 or so but i dont live that far away from Barnes Park

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about 3pm Saturday afternoon, especially seeing how it's getting dark about 5:30 now.

Like I said, I'm bringing my gas grill, thats just easier than cleaning and using one there. I figured everyone could bring their own hog dogs and/or hamburgers. Also we could each bring chips, cookies, ect. to share. Also if you guys have any other ideas I'm open for suggestions.

If you feel that this Barnes Park is a good location, it sounds fine to me. We'll need some detailed directions on how to get there, at least I do, I don't know that area that well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Its actually right off I-15, if you take the Kaysville Exit (if it isn't the only one) it has a Chevron with a mcdonnels in it, the Kick 66 and a checkers off to the right (headed South) after you get off I-15 you turn right (headed West) you'll go over some railroad tracks, after that, if you dont see it, you dont deserve to be there lmao. If you want me to i'll take my cell and give who ever wants it the number so they can call me (i live like 5 min away from the park so i could be there early or whenever)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to drive down that way yesterday, and I believe its exit 331 off I-15. Then just head west about 1/2 mile or so, and its on your right. Very easy to get to as Weg said. There is also an Albertsons, and anything else you can think of just up the road. See you all there..

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds great, see ya'll there. Weg, just incase, could you IM your cell # to me. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just want to say it was fun to meet everyone Saturday. I hope that we can get more gatherings planned when it warms up next spring. {cool}

·
Registered
646 Posts
I see we had a BBQ Once.  I am new to the chapter and would like to see more of this. Are there any events scheduled?  How can I help?

·
29,379 Posts
tuffs88charger said:
I see we had a BBQ Once. I am new to the chapter and would like to see more of this. Are there any events scheduled? How can I help?
The only thing we currently have planned is our 3rd annual Moab trip next weekend, and everybody is welcome to join us.
I certainly wouldn't mind doing another get together in the year though, perhaps in the spring or early summer?

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This post was from last year (2004).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts