Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if it is normal for the rear end to leak alittle bit at the plug in the rear diff cover???

·
29,452 Posts
It's not a major catasrophe, but its not normal, just get a new plug, and make sure its not overfilled.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the mopar chrome cover and it has the plug that screws in. So i am just going to take it out and put some rtv on the threads and put it back in.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Normal in the sense that a lot of folks allow it to happen.

No leaks are designed according to spec that I am aware of.

I think a lot depends on what you are comfortable with letting leak.

Mac

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Think of it this way.....if stuff can get out, ( bad ), crap can get in, ( worse ) !

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Ya man, thats totally normal, dodges are like harleys, they leak and drip all over the dam place but they are still cool,,lol,,, not really, , just get some teflon tape, or some pipe thread sealant, rtv will work for a bit, but im thinking teflon tape or, some pipe thread sealing compound would be best

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i never even thought about teflon tape. i have some of that,so i am going to try it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I dont know if i would say normal, but not that uncommon. I think more men than women have this problem. The old O rings just lose their seal after a while. Just put on a pair of Grampers, and stay out of the pool.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did you check the diff vent also?dont want any extra pressure build up in there :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts