Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No start condition.....Help. 1989 W150 running fine down the highway and ....stops like key was turned off....turns over fine ... initial check no power to POS side of coil... haven't dove to deep yet..... thinking ASD relay? Please ideas so I will have other places to start....Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something similar just happened to me in my 87 Ramcharger. I have to always remind myself to start simple... I started at the battery terminals and checked for loose connections, sure enough I found my positive lead a little loose. Tightened things up and it started right up. I'm not saying this is a cure all, but i had all sorts of thoughts running through my head that was going to be wrong and cost me a bunch of money. lol. Good luck! Cheers all, I will post pics and do an introduction soon!

·
Administrator
31,539 Posts
First check for codes. Then if no codes, the most common no start and no code cause is the hall effect inside the distributor. Theya re a common fail item for the TBI engines. Like the resistor for the older years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got new pick up and ASD relay....I went ahead and sprung for new coil also....omh out ASD no continuity.....also no power to POS coil side...power to ASD though....I'm going to replace pickup and hopefully that and new relay plus coil will get it started.....ran great just stopped like key turned off.....????

·
Registered
31,930 Posts
the coil ONLY gets power for 3 seconds when you turn the key on , and it will NOT get any more power till the Dist pickup sends a signal to the PCM to power the coil so it runs = NO Dist signal NO run

1 - 7 of 7 Posts