Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
check the simple things first. Fuses, fusible links, and any wiring connectors(make sure they are not corroded or just disconnected). Next check for battery power at the pos side of the coil. No power there means to check the related wiring, such as the ballast resistor...
let us know what you find,
C.J.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
I'd check the ballast resistor first, but as CJ says, track back from the coil until you find power, then replace from there toward the coil till it sparks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked for power at pos.side of coil it has it,changed ballast,even the dist pickup have new sparkplugs and wires cap rotor still no spark at coil wire or grounded sparkplug checked all fuseable links all ok,ready to pull my hair out nice weather is here want to cruise roof is off ready for sunshine

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Well I just went through this very same proble. I spent over $300 in new parts trying to fix it. I finally gave up and sent my RC over to the shop. Well my mec told me today that my Alt was overcharging and getting my coil to hot. The 318 would turn over but would not fire. The coil was getting to hot and all of a sudden it would just loose all spark. he is still working on it but when i find out what the exact problem is i will deffenatly tell you.

Nate

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Make sure the negative side of the coil is grounded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts