Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not getting 12 volts down to the fuse block on the black and red wire that feeds the windows and blower motor
changed ignition switch , still no luck .. not getting 12 volts at the back of the ignition switch on the black red wire (get like .50)
  under the hood,  at the fusible link I get 12 volts past the the splitter just not inside cab , also no continuity between fusible link  and fuse block ..have continuity betwwen igntion switch and fuse block... I guess my question is  does red black wire run directly from fusible link to ignition switch or does it pass thru relay first (power window relay? ) which Ive searched all over for and cant find .. many thanks for any help, its about to get REAL hot and I dont want to be trapped in this metal box with no air or way to roll windows down  ???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
check the in coming PNK/BLK if you have power there then the ignition switch is bad
That was it!!! thank you soo much , you have no idea .. been working on this for while , funny the fusible link didnt look burnt or anything , in fact still had continuity from both sides, opened it up and still look connected ... Is a fusible link even necessary? Could just run a smaller gauge wire ..I guess , Anyway thanks again that just made my month

·
Super Moderator
14,338 Posts
Lonewerewolf said:
Is a fusible link even necessary?
only if you don't like electrical fires burning your truck down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.