Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
hey you like sport utility vehicles? i got a brand new bronc-o in the parking lot. wanna see it? lol..uncle buck..great movie

·
Registered
368 Posts
nice Bronco, i jsut got done painting a 89 just like that yours

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, There's a lot of poeple my age on here. :D

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Broncos are cool in my book man . nice rig still like the 78-9 Bronc's though .

·
Registered
368 Posts
how do you like that 302?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
50ply said:
how do you like that 302?
I like it, but then I like about any V8. It's EFI and has 205k+ on it and runs well. I would like a little more power though, it has 190hp and 245tq...

·
Registered
368 Posts
well it has more power than i thought it would

·
Registered
368 Posts
i drove a bronco like yours with the 302 and it didnt feel that strong

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drove the same year as mine with a 302 and it was a dog, then I drove a '90 with a 351w and there didn't seem to be a difference...

·
Registered
368 Posts
well i just got done putting a 351m into a 86 ford f150 it wasnt to hard to do, i wanted to see a 460 in it but the the guy that owned it wanted the 351m, but i think a 460 would be nice in a bronco

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
50ply said:
well i just got done putting a 351m into a 86 ford f150 it wasnt to hard to do, i wanted to see a 460 in it but the the guy that owned it wanted the 351m, but i think a 460 would be nice in a bronco
Why a 351m? I think 82 was the last year for it, then they went with the 351w. It would be a lot of work doing that, and having to put a bigblock tranny for the m. A 460 would be nice, but I was thinkin of a 96/97 powerstroke turbo diesel. Good gas mileage and alot of power, but then you also need the 1ton running gear to support the wieght and power...

·
Registered
368 Posts
bucknbronc said:
50ply said:
Why a 351m? I think 82 was the last year for it, then they went with the 351w. It would be a lot of work doing that, and having to put a bigblock tranny for the m. A 460 would be nice, but I was thinkin of a 96/97 powerstroke turbo diesel. Good gas mileage and alot of power, but then you also need the 1ton running gear to support the wieght and power...
The powerstrokes are nice but the cummins straight 6 is a better engine, and are easier to build. Like you said you would have to go to a heavier suspension for the diesel. The truck I put the 351m into had a 300 6 with a 4 speed originally, the major things I have to deal with was the engine mounts and bell housing. As for why the 351m well I had a 351m from a 78 and the guy I was doing the swap for had a rebuilt 460. Well to explain this guy in one would I would say "stupid" and he asked me if I would trade him this 351m that had 110,000 miles on it (that he had to rebuild) for this rebuilt 460 and I said sure! His reasoning for doing this was he wanted better gas mileage… which he wasn't going to get with a 351m but I wasn't going to tell him this. So I made the swap and got 1300 dollars for the engine swap and rear end swap from an 8.8. to a 9 inch and a rebuilt 460 witch I sold for 1800, so my grand total for this swap was $3100. It was the easiest 3100 dollar I have ever made.
I have a 351marshmallow (as I like to call them, because of the lack of power) in a 77 f150 and they are a good engine but like I said powerless. I have a build 460 that was in a 78 cougar that race in the 12s in the 1/4 mile, the only thing is I don't have the time to do the swap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're not 15 are you? I looked at your profile, and your f-150 sounds like a beast. 8)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, I’m 15 believe it or not. But yeah my 77 is a beast, that 351m is built to the almost to the max, I have about $9,000 into it, and truthfully it was a waste of money, I should have just gone with a 460 or a stroked 460 to begin with. I would have had the power for less $. But the m is still a good engine. I had to put a centerforce clutch in it to handle the power. I am thinking about putting a 460 and a Zf five speed in it this summer, if I have the time. Most of my time will be spent working, have to get the money to do things like this.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok...well I would like to replace my AOD with a smallblock ZF 5spd. How does one at such a young age able to aquire so much money, and vehicles?

·
Registered
368 Posts
It’s called work, a lot, and good pay helps. I make 17.50 an hour if I’m working by the hour, most of the time I work by job, welding jobs are my major money makers. Cars, truck, motorcycles are all I spend money on and i have no real big expenses. I got my 50 Plymouth about a year and a half ago for 100 dollars, and now I have about 9,000 into it. My F-150 I got for 300 dollars, the engine was bad and body is not that great, have about 12 k into it. The body is still as bad as when I got it. My R/C I got for 500 and I have very little money into it. My 87 dodge 2 wheeler I got for 250 dollars and I never use it, but it has 46,000 original miles and the body its rust and dent free. I have motorcycles too, I just bought a 02 honda shadow 750, my cruiser. I have a 99 cr125 honda, a 81 xr200r Honda, a 97 yz125, set up for riding on the lake in the winter with half inch studs. I also have 2 tractors, a 1953 john deere 60 with a farmhand on it, and a john deere 70. I’m not going to list my parts cars, to many and not sure what I all have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts