Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for a buddy,

He gets a "no bus" message in his odometer window on startup. All electonic guages will not work but light switches are functional. No blown fuses and relays seem to be good.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

·
29,452 Posts
Just for shits and giggles, have him try this.....I copied this from another site a while back.

For the last couple of months my fuel gauge has stopped moving when it reached 1/4 tank, I assumed the float in the tank was sticking and I was going to take it in and have it fixed under warranty sometime in the near future, then the other day I thought I would try and test the gauge by using the built in instrument self-diagnostics, for anyone that doesn't know about this feature if your truck has the digital odometer you can hold in the button that switches between real miles and the trip miles and then turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine, wait a few seconds and then let it go and the computer will do a test of all the instruments to make sure they work properly, it will test all the odometer LED's and make all the gauges move in steps over their entire range, after I did this it looked like all the gauges worked correctly but now my gas gauge is working correctly again , it just went down to 1/8 tank and my low gas warning came on for the first time in months!!! I just wanted to pass this little tip on in case this happens to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, he is happy and heading down the right path to fix this now. He is a convert to Mopar, he traded in a furd for his Ram 1500.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts