Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking,

I dont know who and how RamJam was planned last year, it was a bit before I found the site, but I would at least like to offer my help in the next RamJam planning. I dont want to run the show or anything, but I would like to help.

I realize an event could be a ways off time wise, and all questions may not be able to be answered at this time, but I wouldnt know what we would need to get or get planned or set up.

I'm sure if it were put out, people would volunteer, and that may have been the case last time, but where could help be used? ???

I put this here just to get a few people talking about it, and see what happens. I had a few ideas, I dont want to push them on everyone, I just hate to see all the work fall on the heads of a few.
Any thoughts?
Maybe a commitee???

Gawd did I just say that? ;D

200th post by the way. :p

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
hey sam, as long as i'm still in the area, and not shipped off to korea, i'll help out the best i can. i tried to help at jay's, but traveling back and forth was difficult. but, let me know in advance, and i'll do what i can....

jeff.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I'll just throw a few out there,

A commitee would be a good thing, maybe each person could be involved with specific tasks.Such as magazine notification. Sheesh. Maybe even an RJ board with specific needs and such.

Is see there was an idea for a RJ fund on the other post. Thought that was good.

Seems that everyone that couldnt go to RJ was really interested in pics. Was there one person to take them last time? Maybe sort of a reporter for the site on RJ? How about an email - able "E" - zine?

How about inviting someone to the event? For instance, I atteneded a Buell motorcycle event and the promoters invited Eric Buell, the bikes creator. I dunno if we could get/afford/find someone,(I'd did say INVITE) and even if this person would come out for an afternoon, it would garner attention to the event and the site, and be interesting for its participants. I'm trying to keep things in perspective in this idea. i'm also thinking of a personal invitation, not just an email or somthing.

I'm open to helping in any task I can. I have the luxury (??!!??) of not having a real off road capable truck, Id be happy to take pics and videos, provided my schedule would permit. Or anything else there. Id be glad to do an "E" - zine as well. Anything I can do online, I'd be happy to do.

Thanks for listening.

Doc.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
good ideas, Doc. now that i am no longer an owner of an RC, i could awys take pics too. maybe people would want a shot of them hittin' the goop. someone could take that shot from the same spot everytime, and pass or send them out after finishing the developing. you're on the start of something big here. let me know what i can do for ya'll.....

jeff

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
We would have to go with digital cameras if that was the case. I made the mistake of taking all of the pics on my camera in low res mode to allow for more pics. I have a 64 mb flash card, and I didn't even dent it with the almost 300 pics I took. Next time I will take all pics full res.

Digital pics just make it easier. Plus, unless the scanner knows what they are doing, you will lose quality while scanning.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a pretty decent digital camera, but the pic volume is low on high res., and I was thinking if one used it at an event, having a lap top with the appropriate software would allow you to take pics and load them when the camera was full. Sort of like endless film.

How about video as well? Shoot a video and sell (??) the tape on the site for a donation?

I do have a friend that works for xerox, he said anytime I need somthing scanned or printed to let him know. High quality stuff there. He claims to get near photo quality from digital images.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waivers, referees?? Sounds like security. LOL.
Its a good point. I used to run a hobby stock car and even though I was registered to run and had a signed waiver at the track, I still had to resign just to get in.

A waiver could aslo be used in conjuction with a RSVP form of sorts. Would give a better count of the number of participants, trucks, and maybe even an event questionaire, like what a participant would like to do there , with or with out his/her truck. Forms could be put online, printed out by the particpant, and brought to the event. Sort of like a entrance ticket?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
as far as your idea with the "endless film," willie had a killer laptop at the last Ram Jam (thanks for the movie, willie). i like that idea.... i'd be pretty simple. how are the DVDs coming along? anyone heard? gettin' antsey....

jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts