Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just saying hello to all the New York area guy's and girls, I'm married and have 2 boys(my little monsters) no pets yet, I live in Suffolk L.I. now, born and raised in Howard Beach Queens, also have a residence in Delaware County in the Margretville and Flieshmanns area, and also in the Kortright area if anyone is near or in between let me know i would be willing to come hang out and meet you guy's.

I also have property and maybe we could get together for a little 4x4 & camping, I have pic's of my truck in the Members pic's section here is a Link If someone needs help with something and we can get together let me know I always help a fellow Dodge out

Anyone interested in Joining this chapter either send an E-Mail with your name (Real & Screen Name) and contact #, this will only be used in the event that we need to get a hold of you in an emergency , Thank You

·
Premium Member
26,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if anyone knows of trails or anything, i only know of my property and the schoharie jeep club (i have a jeep also)

Send me your names and a phone# in an e-mail to [email protected] so I can add you to the members list (phone # is not listed).

P.S. title the mail RCC Chapter info so i don't delete it since i don't know your e-mail addresses i will also use the e-mail to notify you in the event of Chapter outings and meetings

·
Registered
39 Posts
well i live as far west in NY as you get. Grand Island NY it is surrounded by the Niagra river, but i am always game for road trip and am an Auto technician by trade

·
Registered
134 Posts
OK here we go. Right now, I am in Schenectady NY. I will be moving to Niverville NY soon, Niverville is about 30miles southeast of Albany NY.I am having a house built there on just under 5 acres. I am marryed to a great woman who also enjoys my love of cars. We are now working on a full resto of her 70 Mustang. In adddetion to all our project cars, we are also into Tractors, Boats, and Trains. Right now I have 2 4x4s. One is my beater 86 Jeep Cherokee, and my 74 Power Wagon Snowfiter. The PW I got from my father. It was used only for snow plowing, and picking up wood. It has only 19k on it now, but it needs a ton of work.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well my name is Anthony. I live in Schoharie NY. Just got out of the Marines in Oct 2001. I now work for the Air National Guard full time. My wife and I just had our first baby on March 8th 2002. A little girl named Aleah Mae. One cat and one dog. As far as toys(cars) 88 Ramcharger,98 Plym Breeze,97 Monte Carlo Z34, 80 Monte Carlo V6 Turbo Coupe( 1 of only 300 made), 80 Monte Carlo V-8,85 3/4 Chevy 4X4,2002 Yamaha V-Star motorcycle.

Labor day weekend sounds good for camping. Let me know.

Anthony.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ok here goes, my name is Chris (duh ;D ), I live in Bellport wich is in Suffolk cty Long Island. Married to a great woman, have 3 kids, a 6yr old son and twin 3,1/2 yr old girls. My vehicular stable consits of my truck (pics in the truck section), and my wife drives a Chivvy Lumina APV (space shuttle), I also own a 1973 Honda CB750k motorcycle (under some sort of constant repair). I`ve been an auto mechanic for the past 17 years so If ya`ll have any Q`s, send `em my way, maybe I can help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi everyone,

I am a junior member from Franklinville, NY. 50 min. south of Buffalo. I have dodge blood in me and have been raised that way. As of now I have 2 dodges, A 87 rc and a 86 3/4 ton. If anyone is interested the 86 is now four sale. Since at my age I have more time then money I am converting my rc from 2wd auto, to 4wd 4spd. Ya lots of work but I enjoy it. By the way the 3/4 ton is 4*4! Nice e-meeting all of you from NY.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:p  8)
My name is James . I live in Richmond Hill ,Queens .I live with my old lady & 2 kids .Christian 5 & Jeffrey 10 .I'm a local # 3 Truck mechanic for Welsbach Electric & a Mopar Gearhead . I have a ' 89 Ramcharger ,' 70 Challenger Conv., ' 72 Barracuda 340 , ' 86 Lebaron GTS , ' 86 LeBaron 4dr , ' 99 Intrepid .Had a Heritage Softail , miss it something fierce .  casually looking for another . Each car needs something .Since I'm a glutton I am always looking for a good deal .I've been a mechanic for around 13 years .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello all. My name is Doug. I live in Saratoga Springs which is about 20 miles north of Albany. I lived in Berne(next door to Schoharie) for 14 years before moving up here. Lots of old logging roads up there and most are on state land open to rec. vehicles. Got turned on to RCC by Bigbird. Looking forward to getting together with other wheelers. I have a better half with two future off-roaders.(the girl just doesn't know it yet). See you on RCC! Thanks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey guys. here's my life story in a window on your screen...... I'm Danny, gettin' married on June 21, '03, and I will be acquiring an 8 yr. old son in the process. Loving life right now, and having fun with my '96 2500, 360 gas pig. It's up on 18" of lift, and rides on 44" boggers. Pics here, www.geocities.com/foreight48/pg1 My other vehicles are a '94 tahoe, chevy junk, and a Ferd Focus, (wifes). I own Freak Suspensions, located out of Elma NY, about 15 miles South of Buffalo. In the summer I race ATV's in Cross Country, Hare Scramble and some Motocross races. In the winter, we run snowmobiles. I love Dodges, and I love building and molding them into something they were meant to be!!! I also build whatever else I can too. 55 hours a week are devoted to my "day" job, designing, building and maintaining high speed precision production machinery. It keeps me busy, and I have full use of the machine shop here whenever I want. (How do you think I keep my overhead down for Freak Suspensions!!!) On the weekends, I can be found at the Filling Station Saloon slingin' bottles around and havin' a good time. Anyways, I also teach downhill skiing at Kissing Bridge, which is a local ski resort here. I am hoping to make it to Ram Jam '03, but with a wedding and prospective honeymoon to pay for, it is going to be tough. Not to mention fuel in the beast and another set of boggers to throw on the truck. Looking forward to possibly meeting a few people and more importantly, going out in the trucks and having fun with what God provided for us to tread on!!!! "I come here to kick ass and take names, and I didn't bring a pencil"- I don't know who said it, but I like that phrase.... Later

I make lifts. Let me know what you neeed!!!!!! Freak Suspensions [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
;D Hey finally got a chance to sit down and post an entrance! My wife and I purchased our 1998 Dodge SS/T approximately two months ago after immediately falling in love with it on a used car lot. Soon as the salesman hit the key, that was it, and home she went. We are looking to get into an area club to meet others with the same interest. We have attended one meet up in Mass with NEDIRT on Dyno Day, that was a hoot, but damn cold, the wife stayed in the truck to keep warm. Anyway, my wife Kitty is 47, I'm (Dave), 48. We live in a small community outside of Middletown, NY called Otisville, I think Arnold Ziffle grew up here (Grin). I am retired from the Navy and am currently employed by our local school district as Health & Safety Coordinator. We enjoy traveling around the NE in the truck and would love to meet up with everyone at some point. Will post pics of the truck sometime in the near future, as I am currently building a new computer and have not got the camera installed yet. Well damn, that's enough rambling, great to be here, and now...back to the truck....Happy New Year to All.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Baldwinsville NY here, near Syracuse. Just turned 40yrs(oldMan) ;D Have 2 kids. Employed as a computer tech. Currently have a 94 Dakota, gonna be upgrading to a newer Ram soon, not sure if I want the new style yet. 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
well lets see.............. I'm 24, I live in Brant a small town about 40 minutes from Buffalo.I spend three days a week slaving in the parts dept of the local phord dealership. Four days ebaying , wrenching and playing all for the benefit of my toys.My herd presently consists of a 75 dodge W300 with a 318(440 swap on the way)and a just completed torque flight swap. dana 60 front with 4.56 (posi is on way from NJ)and dana 70 with4.88 and posi.Newest toy is a 70 dodge D100
shortbox with 440/727 and 8 3/4 only has 1 legger and mid threes for gears.The longest owned toy in my fold is a 79 Oldsmobile Delta 88 2 door with tweaked olds 350, turbo 350 trans w/ fairbanks shift kit,headers 2.5 inch exhaust going into 2.25 tail pipes,bucket seats floor shifter and cowl induction hood and or course its my favorite color. FLAT BLACK! dont ask why that car I don't know.........
I think I'll shut up now .......

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Hi,
I live in PA but I am only about a half hour drive from NY so I thought I would start checking out your board as well as the PA board. Most of them seem to live farther from me than you guys are. If anyone is going wheeling let me know I am in. I am right along I-90 halfway between OH and NY in PA. 8) (I think that is about as many abreviations I can put in one sentence. ;D)

Thomas

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi everyone,
Well my name's Shawn and I'm 16. I live south of Buffalo, right along the NY/PA line. I Bought a 77 Ramcharger fall of '01 and it has been quite a project. I've always been a Mopar fan. When I'm not busy with school, I spend a lot of time on my RC and my other love, vintage snowmobiles, especially ski-doo's. I collect and restore them, and am starting to race them. Hope i can meet some of you and share stories.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Evildriver-3 said:
Nice to here from you ******* and welcome aboard , when you get a chance send me your ph# in a e-mail and i will add you to the members list
I'm Joe I live in Lindenhurst on long island I'm glad there's a NY chapter as soon as I get my truck fixed I'll post some pics

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello to everyone in the NY chapter,

My name is Greg, I'm 32, single (for now) and I live in Woodside, Queens. Just a regular 'ol Mopar guy, who enjoys the hobby to the fullest. My present daily driver is a '1972 W100 short bed, 360 with an Edelbrock TQ, NP 435 trans, 2" Skyjacker lift, 32" BFG's, Beard seats and an cheapo plum crazy purple paint job. I also own a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere 1 2 door post 440/727 that I am in the process (4 years) of building. I have a few upgrades in mind for the truck when I can afford them. First is to convert to disc brakes. Second may be to install a Gear Vendors Over/Underdrive unit to get a little more use out of first gear and to increase speed and mileage. I'm also thinking of a set of headers and eventually an air conditioning unit for comfort. I try to learn about something automotive every day. Thanks for the site and the board and look forward to hearing from youse in da future!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
terror ram said:
R.M.S.OFF ROAD, THERE IN BOHEIMIA OR T.N.T CONV IN HOLBROOK
I can`t speeak for TNT but a friend of mine had his truck lifted at RMS, here`s a pic of his ride (and his ugly mug ;-) )
http://www.rmsoffroad.com/shoptrucks/Mvc-906miker.jpg
Richie, the guy that owns the place is super cool and he knows his stuff, nice quality work with NO shortcuts. If I were gonna pay someone to lift my truck he`d be first on my list (JMHO). If you go there tell him the Mitsu Boys gave you the good word on him. BTW the guys truck is a 95 Chev long bed 1/2 ton, RMS put in a 6in Fabtech lift, 3in body lift and the tires are 36by14.50 Swamper TSL radials, also extended stainless brake lines and some other minor stuff. To give you an example of how thorough he is, He wanted the truck back after a month to re-ck all the hardware, at that time my friend told him he was having a slight driveline vibration. Richie fabbed up a new crossmember to get the driveshaft carrier bearing into better alignment than what the lift kit parts did (had a drop brkt for the carrier brng). He also rec new u-joints wich my friend did himself, driveline vib gone.

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
HI everyone. I'm Bobby, from Smithtown. I have an '87 RC, that looks kind like it should be a '47. But I'm having fun fixing her. I want to thank Evildriver-3 for the invite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for a 4x4 club for some time because there is none around my area. Two years ago i bought an 1989 w350, with little rust and all stock and want to use it for purposes other then back and forth form home. I live in Alden Ny, about 20 min. form buffalo. I go to Alfred State for school, around Alfred there is a loging trial in a state forest of which i have not tryed. I want to do some wheeling before i leave for Basic Traning in Jan. So if anybody knows of anything around WNY please let me know. My dad and his brothers owned Quad Offroad Center in the buffalo area.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts