Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

This is my first post on the board, but I was hoping to get an idea of what kind of help and advice I'll be able to get for my upcoming project: I've got a '86 Ramcharger w/ 5.9 that I'm about to rebuild. This project is for my father-in-law and I pretty much have zero experience with Mopar engines. I'm a Ford guy, and have a whole lot of engine experience with the small block Fords, but this'll be my first time opening up a Mopar. So hopefully I can fire all my inquiries at the group here when I need the help? Thanks everyone. And please, be gentle with the Ford guy ::)

Matt

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
LabRat said:
Hey there,

This is my first post on the board, but I was hoping to get an idea of what kind of help and advice I'll be able to get for my upcoming project: I've got a '86 Ramcharger w/ 5.9 that I'm about to rebuild. This project is for my father-in-law and I pretty much have zero experience with Mopar engines. I'm a Ford guy, and have a whole lot of engine experience with the small block Fords, but this'll be my first time opening up a Mopar. So hopefully I can fire all my inquiries at the group here when I need the help? Thanks everyone. And please, be gentle with the Ford guy ::)

Matt
hey there, welcome to the best truck site on the web. yes we are mainly a mopar community, but dont let that fool you, we have people on here who are extremely knowledgable aobut just about every make of automobile out there.

welcome aboard, and when you have a question, feel free to fire away

eric

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
IMHO all internal engines are the same. The experience you have with a Furd will be enough to help you rebuild your Mopar engine. If you can rebuild a Furd you will be able to rebuild a Mopar! Good luck and welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Welcome aboard. The best advice I can give ya is remember to pay attention to the rocker arms when ya go back together wih it. Each one is labeled either left or right. There is a L and a R for every cyl. Be sure you get 'em right or you'll soon find yerself pullin the valve covers. Also, pay attention to the rocker arm shaft and the spacers between the rocker arms. Get a book on Mopar engines. Good luck and get away from fords.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
welcome aboard man, i got an 86 ramcharger too, but im gonna put a 318 back in mine i think, i wanted to go to a 360, but there will be time for that later, due to money/time constraints, i am gonna rebuild my 318, and put her back in....

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Welcome to our site. Good advice from ramit. Like was mentioned before, they aren't that much different if you have experience and take your time. Who knows....you may get to liking them better than furds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts