Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under cosmetic construction. Needs lift (have 6" skyjacker in the closet), bigger tires maybe 36's and different color paint job. Maybe black or maroon. has anyone ever installed a sunroof in a RC? My truck is hot as hell sometimes, the air would be nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought the truck a found this note tucked away in the owners manual. The previous owner hid it in the trucks service records. I contacted him by e-mail, he's a nice guy. He seemed sorry that he let the truck go.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
You got yourself a good score finding such a well maintianed RC like that. Take good care of it! The color that's on it looks good. Unless the paint has flaws in it that don't show up in the pic, I'd leave it alone. Mine was in the paintshop for over a month and it had never been wrecked. It sucks when you don't have it around to show off. I could have gone the cheap route and had it done in a week, but I wanted a premium quality job done so it won't have to be redone later. I don't know much about sunroofs, except for some that friends have had that leaked. Looks like your interior is in really good shape too. You really found a nice one!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kodiak. Whats a good price to pay for a good quality paintjob? I was thinking of preping it really well, tapeing it off and then letting Maaco or Earl Sheib spray it. Also, whats a decent brand/ price for dual exhaust on the RC's. I have a good sound now (with the auto start I can hear it starting form inside my house) but I want it deeper. Also my pipe comes out on the side? Is that normal or was it redone like that?

·
Registered
0 Posts
The factory exhaust was side exit. Sounds like someone has an aftermarket muffler on it if you can hear the exhaust from inside. Either that, or they just have a cat on it and nothing else. A good, quality paint job? How much did you pay for the truck? You may be looking at investing 50-75% of that cost in a really nice paint job. That truck has a LOT of area to cover, and the labor is what's gonna kill you. Like Kodiak said, unless there are a lot of flaws in the paint, hold off on it for now. A lot of people will have different opinions on exhaust brands. Flowmaster, Dynomax, Delta-flow, etc, are the common names. I wouldn't recommend glass packs, though. Go with a turbo muffler like Flowmaster or Dynomax, and get the exhaust straight out the back, with dual chrome tips. The longer the tips, the deeper and more mellow it will sound. I would recommend a single in-dual out muffler, unless you are getting headers and plan on running true duals. Then dual single in-single out mufflers will work.

Randall

·
Registered
855 Posts
chad said:
Under cosmetic construction. Needs lift (have 6" skyjacker in the closet), bigger tires maybe 36's and different color paint job. Maybe black or maroon. has anyone ever installed a sunroof in a RC? My truck is hot as hell sometimes, the air would be nice.
You don't have the A-Team hatch in the back? My buddies love that little flip top thing. My friend in the marines always described it like this, "It the A-Team hatch. You can just pop yourself out the top and fire off a few rounds while driving around town" He never explained how he would fit out that little hole, but it always makes me laugh.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great looking truck, my truck is also under construction, it had gone to the body shop for prep work now I have it in the garage, starting to work on the engine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have the little hatch in the back but I want a big sunroof in front also. I like air-flow. Any one have sugestions on a place to get the sunroofs? Or any pics of RC's with sunroofs? Any suggestions on color? I was thinking black with 36's and black (or chrome) rims.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Well....for one.... ifn ya want a good quality paint job....you're not gonna find it at Earls or Macco. "I'll paint any car for $99.99". that includes tires, windows, cheap a$$ paint....you get the picture. Macco is a little better than Mr. Schieb. Call them the "brand-x" of painting. I found a really great company to do mine. They do a majority of the custom jobs around here. Gonna run me nearly 3k when its all done. That includes all the body prep, sanding, priming, paint and sealer. As long as the estimate holds true when we go into the shop in a few months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 grand for the RC is a little to expensive for me. I was looking to spend as little as possible for a decent paint job. Maybe around a grand. I'm also fixing up a 75 vette at the same time as the RC. That paint job for the vette is around 3 grand and thats a fiberglass body. Who ever gave you that price seems really expensive unless your getting a show quality single color job.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great R/C. I've got dual exhuast on mine. I'm installing flowtech headers on it right now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
chad said:
3 grand for the RC is a little to expensive for me. I was looking to spend as little as possible for a decent paint job. Maybe around a grand. I'm also fixing up a 75 vette at the same time as the RC. That paint job for the vette is around 3 grand and thats a fiberglass body. Who ever gave you that price seems really expensive unless your getting a show quality single color job.
The reason the job is so expensive is because of the labor required to properly prep the body for the paint, and the amount of paint required to do the whole truck. That's a LOT of surface area, and that will add up quicker than anything else.

Randall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts