Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this truck off my friends dad. He bought it brand new, paid 500 dollars for it because he had to get it out of the yard. Runs strong havent noticed anything wrong with it so far. Im getting a six inch lift soon 5.88 gears 360 heads and full exhaust. Ill post some better pics when i get a new camera.
it sits a little higher now i have rancho nitro shocks and the 33s just clear with out rubbing. My other truck was an 89 power wagon its at a junk yard in salem right now i had to get rid of it when i moved no room for 2 trucks any more.
Had a 5.9 in it broke it the first day i took it out.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Nice score on the RC.  {cool}

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks its my second ramcharger and 5th dodge. I really wanted to find one with a removable top but i couldnt pass this up for 500.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
vern nj said:
Thanks its my second ramcharger and 5th dodge. I really wanted to find one with a removable top but i couldnt pass this up for 500.
I don't blame you for buying it.

BTW Welcome to the KNUTTHOUSE! {wave}

Pop tops in good condition are getting hard to find anymore. :-\

I have 3 pop tops here, one was a no title truck with bigtime rust issues and is now my trail rig, the TD is an 80 318 4 speed that needs a frame and rust work and the other is a 77 RC 400/727 with rust issues. ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about cutting into it and making it one myself im just not sure that i trust myself.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
vern nj said:
I was thinking about cutting into it and making it one myself im just not sure that i trust myself.
If you look at the build threads and pics threads there are a few people that have done that to hard top RC's on here. It's some work for sure but worth it if you don't want a hard top. ;)

Then you can have a "canvas" shop make you a top also.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i dont know if i would cut the top off im not a big fan of that. but its a nice ramcharger for sure i like the colour combo and the tires

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dont cut it!!! You can find a poptop still...there's a few on CL right now. That's a great looking truck and too bad about the pickup. I just got an 84 RC when my 84 pickup was'nt roadworthy IMO, but I could'nt bring myself to junk it..it's in PA right now and from what I understand the guy that has it is gonna fix it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah dont cut it! it would be cheaper to find a pop top.i have a 77 td and wont pop the top till i can find the weathstriping to re install.my 86 rc has no ac and no 50/50 tailgate window like the older ones do and it sucks,its my daily driver and its 103 out here in ca.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts