Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just registered on this board and look forward to being a member. I live in Tempe, AZ, and currently do NOT own a RamCharger, though I've been looking for the 'right' one for quite a while. Actually, I do own a ramcharger, but I bought a wreck for the motor to use in one of my other Mopar projects (I've got a 69 Super Bee, a 72 Swinger /6, and a 73 Road Runner w/no motor). I've always liked the RamChargers, but man, is it hard to find a nice one these days. I've found 4 I like, but each time, something goes wrong and I end up with nada. I am in contact with one person regarding a '90 model, but the trip is kinda far so I'll have to have whole weekend free for it to work. Anyone know of a 90-up RC in the Phoenix area for sale? I'm kinda partial to EFI for long distance/higher altitude driving/towning.

Anyway, I look forward to participating online and with the AZ chapter folks here!

Thanks!

·
Registered
660 Posts
welcome to the board!! sounds like you will fit right in here!! Keep an eye on the board for the next time we are all getting together and come on out. I'll keep an eye out for an RC an let you know if anything turns up.

Ryan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ryan. What's the deal with finding a decent RamCharger, anyway? I have been searching everywhere for one and the pickings are slim, to say the least. I almost gave in and bought a Bronco, but have decided to give it a little longer for my search. It seems everyone who has a RamCharger loves it and doesn't want to part with it! :) Speaking of parts, I have a 87 RC I'm gonna be parting out here shortly - I'll let the AZ guys know about it first. No front end, or motor, but the rest is pretty nice...

If anyone here goes up on Moparts.com, I'm up there under 383BEE.

Glen.

?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
check out the member contact list board and look for justplainjoe. He has a nice 90' I think he was saying he was going to sell.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
welcome aboard, i'll keep an eye out for a RC for ya....

FYI, the fuel injected ramchargers came out in 88'...but only with the 318, in 1990 they offered the 360. In 92' they first offered the RC with the MPFI 5.2 magnum, then the MPFI 5.9 in 93'.

But if you find that perfect truck with a carberator sitting on top, dont give up hope....our fearless leader (GunPilot) is in the process of swapping the the TBI setup from a 90' RC onto his 77' 360 using stock 90' parts and the megasquirt efi controller....i'm planning this swap for my truck also, after some lift and tires. ;D

-Nick

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the board Glen. And yes, I do have a clean '90 150LE for sale. You can email me at [email protected] and I can send you some pics and info if interested.

·
Registered
509 Posts
justplainjoe said:
Welcome to the board Glen. And yes, I do have a clean '90 150LE for sale. You can email me at [email protected] and I can send you some pics and info if interested.
And there you go.........
Welcome!
P.S.;What shape is the Bee in?

Bart

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha Ha! You guys are awesome! I've already emailed justplainjoe about it! Thanks!

The 'Bee is just about done. Seven years, lots of $$ and elbow grease later, I have a couple more weekends of work to do and it is complete. This car has new or refurbished everything on it. You can check out the progress story on www.angelfire.com/az/moparfan . There are some pics too, but they need updating now, as I have the interior almost done now. Just have to button up the dash, and finish with the console and it's good to go. It's kind of exciting now. This car has not been on the road since the early 80's.

Thanks again, everyone. I'm gonna enjoy being a part of this board. Oh, and by the way, I'm really glad I held out for a RC, and didn't buy a Bronco! :) I have a feeling an RC is in my immediate future....

Glen

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
But Joe is not allowed to sell the 440 Ramcharger. Welcome to the AZ chapter, Glen.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the AZ Chapter. I know how you feel about trying to find a good RC, I was very lucky when I found mine and like yourself I almost gave in a bought something else, an 87 Blazer to be exact.

Even though most aftermarket companies still don't acknowledge that Dodge made a truck prior to 1994, ::) there is something about owning one that is very appealing. Like when you're out on the trail and people turn to look at what you're driving and then they wonder why they've never seen a Blazer or Bronco that looked like that before :eek: That’s when we just smile and keep on rolling..... ;D

Unless of course they just have to know what it is we're driving and that's where it gets interesting.... :D

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
GunPilot said:
But Joe is not allowed to sell the 440 Ramcharger. Welcome to the AZ chapter, Glen.
If he ever does, and no one here gets it, we'll have to hold him down and force feed him a brick. ;D jk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Even if I wanted to sell it my wife and kids would never let it happen. My daughter says she wants it, she'll be getting her permit Jan '05

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
15 years old...440, 35s, and lockers front and rear and your daughter gets to drive it....you have got to be the coolest dad around...i didn't get to drive my truck till my dad got bored with it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts