Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok got my face plate off of my P.O.S. Pioneer CD stolen and I've been sans tunes for weeks. The thinking now is to just get a cheap factory radio that at a glance no one would care to steal.

Whats the skinny on the newer Chrysler factory radios? Will they work or not? I know they have different connector that you can get a wireing harness for but I guess the radios also have a security code that reads the VIN? Is this a user enabled security feature or from the factory. In other words.....Will a late model factory radio work in an older vehicles?

Does anyone have a lead on power doorlock actuators? Mine was bound up which is why the truck wasn't locked.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
You don't even need to have a wiring harness adapter. The new factory radio's/CD players bolt right up, and have the same electrical connectors. :)

-SM

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new style radio's use a single block connector not the familiar 2 black and grey plugs on radios 79-2000 ish.

What I want to know is if these new radios with all the securlity features will work in older vechiles with the before mentioned 2 plug system.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
The new style radios (pre-2002) still use the two-connectors. One connector has all the power, remote and ground wires, and the negative speaker wires for two speakers. The other connector contains the remaining six speaker wires.

I have plugged the factory radio from my 2000 into my 1987 ram. Bolts right up, connectors clip right in. Everything works.

-SM

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Yes on the radio thing if you look in the Trucks pics section Ramtuff (Ian) has pics of his mounted
As for the door lock actuators the popular vote is the universal ones from Ebay
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts