Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone swapped in new seats? I just bought a '75 power wagon w200, and it needs new seats.

I was thinking of getting a set out of a 98-01 ram and making some mounts for them.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
For seats, you'll have to make mounts for them. What I have wanted to do is put my seats on a swivel so it's easier to get in and out. I've looked at alot of different aftermarket seats and haven't found one that looks good in the truck.

Put whatever seats you want, just be prepared to "MAKE" them fit.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have a 40 / 20 /40 setup front seat from a mid 90's Dodge PU that I made fit in a GMC PU. Works OK but my legs are to close to the steering wheel and thats after gringing a lot of 90's base off, so I am going to put a stock bench back in there and take the 2 buckets and see if I can mount them on the stock RC bases. I want to keep the stock RC console because its a bit tougher and deeper than the 90' s dodge centre console. The 90's unit is closer to a middle seat than a storage bin. Its gonna be a while before I get these in cause I want to POR 15 some areas and rock guard some other areas on the floor first, and weld a couple of spots but it should be possible to mount newer buckets on the old bases.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I realize that I would need to make new mounts for New ram seats.

Would seats out of a ramcharger bolt in? Or at least lay in on the mounts. I'm not sure if the floor is the same as this truck or not.

Although I would like to ditch the in the cab gas tank and then I could mount the new seats further back also.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
check out my pics in the members truck section, under ramchargers, trcm's stable. I put some seats in mine from an eddie baur edition aerostar van.....nice seats. Others on here have used the same seats.

I had swivel seats in mine, and I didn't like them. They would hit the seat belt straps when you swiveled them.

I did have to make up mounts, but it wasn't that hard. The main reason, is the seats from an aerostar sit higher, so I had to drop them. Seats from an explorere as mentioned may not require as much modification.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have seats from an 88 Integra. I know, you'd thnk they would be ricer crap, but they fit beautifully, look great, and are much more comfortable. Plus they have adjustable headrests, and they recline. You could pick them up at a junkyard real cheap. You just have to make them fit. I had to make new holes to attach them to the RC seat brackets, but the driver side still slides, and the passenger side still flips up. I love them.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I am using seats from a grand am and a cavilier. I have not mounted them but shouldn't be to difficult. I may try to make 4 bucket seats in the back for all the kids if I can space them right. 20 bucks a peice at the JY.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I put bucket seats from a caravan im my father-in-laws '78 dodge D100. Had to tear apart the seat, weld angle across the seat support & bolt down the buckets. Could not bolt them to the floor, because the gas tank is right below the drivers side seat! They sit a little high for me, but we only use it to get parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts