Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearly to the point where I can bolt some seats back into my 75 W200. 
The problem is, the stock low-back buckets are in pretty sad shape, and I'd rather have high back buckets anyways.

I'm going to search junkyards for new seats (and 3 point belts) but I'd like to hear what some of you may have replaced your seats with, and what changes you would have made. 

Or, if you're impressed with the seats in one of your other vehicles, let me know! 

I'd rather stick with Dodge, but I'm open to anything, even imports. 

·
Registered
93 Posts
75whiskey200 said:
I'm nearly to the point where I can bolt some seats back into my 75 W200.
The problem is, the stock low-back buckets are in pretty sad shape, and I'd rather have high back buckets anyways.

I'm going to search junkyards for new seats (and 3 point belts) but I'd like to hear what some of you may have replaced your seats with, and what changes you would have made.

Or, if you're impressed with the seats in one of your other vehicles, let me know!

I'd rather stick with Dodge, but I'm open to anything, even imports.
I used the seats out of a late '90s Camaro in my little '82 Toyota pickup. They're a fairly easy to swap seat, perhaps requiring a bit of fab work to make everything line up. Quite comfortable, and the side bolsters are nice when driving in the dirt.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I swapped in '90 Ramcharger high-back buckets. Very comfortable for long drives. Really like the console. Then put the old split-bench in the Ramcharger.

No brainer too because the truck is stick, and the RC is auto. Now the RC is a 6 seater.  8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas, for the input so far. 

I went ahead and tossed the old, tattered, and horribly uncomfortable seats in it, so I could take it for a test drive. 

Next weekend I'm going to look through boneyards and see what pops up. 

One of my coworkers has an early 2000s Cherokee that has some comfy leather buckets..... I'm going to keep an eye out for those!  They should be fairly plentiful

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used seats out of 2000 quad cab with the seat belts in the seat in my 85 RC. Took some fab work but well worth the effort just my .02 

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rmchgr89 said:
I used seats out of 2000 quad cab with the seat belts in the seat in my 85 RC. Took some fab work but well worth the effort just my .02
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I've heard of those, but havent ever laid eyes on any. I'll see if I can scrounge some up to look at (and sit in)
Fab work doesnt scare me much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.