Dodge RamCharger Central banner
281 - 300 of 325 Posts

·
Administrator
31,525 Posts
A snap in cap, you can make many different designs, and use the same file for a front 4wd cap, or rear cap.

Think of how creative you can get with different caps. Plain, a choice of many of the different dodge or plymouth symbols. All the different forms of rams, Or best yet, a rcc logo.

Why not 5?

Reactions: HOBO

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
A snap in cap, you can make many different designs, and use the same file for a front 4wd cap, or rear cap.

Think of how creative you can get with different caps. Plain, a choice of many of the different dodge or plymouth symbols. All the different forms of rams, Or best yet, a rcc logo.

Why not 5?
Thats a really good idea when you put it that way. I'll have to do some R&D and find a locking mechanism that works with road speeds. OEM just drops them in there and uses some kinda glue.

The mounting towers protrude past the part base like 1/2in and act as guide / locating pins. if I did 5 of them two of them would keep the part from properly being mounted / sitting flush with rim.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Awesome progress man!!
Thank you! Sorry again for the delay. My mind was just stuck loading like windows XP stuck loading something. I plan to send you a prototype soon for review and for fitment testing. Once I make these changes I noticed with the 1st prototype. Picture below. But got some feed back from some people. they say they really liked it. One even thought it looked a bit more sporty since the fins where more narrow. But I'm a stickler for perfection in my reproduction's and beefing them up a bit for a long life span.

corrections to be made seen in the photo below. The fins are are about 1/2" inch to narrow. Which is the biggest to see and 2nd is the top chamfer and ring.

Sleeve Collar Font Jewellery Pattern

Reactions: 87_power_ram

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds good man!! And you’ll get no complaints out of me over how long it’s been i’m just glad you were willing to take it on!

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Sounds good man!! And you’ll get no complaints out of me over how long it’s been i’m just glad you were willing to take it on!
Sounds like a deal then! Lol. Thank you for being patient. It means a lot. My machine had started acting up. Once I built the 1st draft here. So I gotta figure out what happened because I have never seen it before. Once I get it fixed I can make those changes I mentioned and build the 2nd draft part.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Just a simple update:

Looks like my machine issue was material related as bad batch. Got the fins reshaped and cleaned my CAD up a bit more. Still got modifications to make before draft two is complete and ready for a build. Also, started initial CAD of the Deluxe Tail Gate Trim clips. Thanks to @billyclifton15 for sending them over. Plus, I am are currently getting the Map Light Covers pre - production batch finally made for final testing.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Okay, Draft two CAD is done for the turbine center cap. Gonna build it tomorrow. If I start it now. it wont be done till 2am or something and I like my sleep. You can check out the CAD Drawings below. So Monday - Tuesday, I should have an Idea on whether I'll send this draft for initial fitment testing or not.

V0.50 Draft two of the Turbine Wheel Center Cap

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Sleeve

Material property Circle Symmetry Design Fashion accessory

Triangle Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

Deluxe Trail Gate Trim Clip started CAD, I know not lot done. Been a Bit Busy.

Rectangle Slope Fashion accessory Auto part Font

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You've got something weird going on with your fillets. If you run fillet 1 pictured below, then run fillet 2 all the way around, it should come out much cleaner and fix that corner fillet thing you got gong on there where I have the arrow.

Automotive design Sleeve Automotive tire Font Circle

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
You've got something weird going on with your fillets. If you run fillet 1 pictured below, then run fillet 2 all the way around, it should come out much cleaner and fix that corner fillet thing you got gong on there where I have the arrow.

View attachment 632631
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah for what ever reason it did that. But Came out fine in the draft two build. Chucked it up tp being a visual thing.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
Turbine Center Cap update on draft 2:

Well, Draft two it way better than the 1st one but still not quite where it needs to be for it to be right. Same areas as last time need to be improved more.

Reactions: DODGEBOYS

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
Draft 3 is done. Will build it most likely tomorrow or Monday. I think I finally figured it all out. Maybe some small tweaks and just to add the mounting screw towers once initial fitment is all done.

Note: You can see that the fins are way wider like the factory ones. Plus, the CAD is even cleaner than before too.
Sleeve Automotive design Automotive tire Collar Silver

Material property Circle Symmetry Auto part Sharing

Art Font Rectangle Line art Circle

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
welp 3rd was not the charm. but Hopefully the 4th time a charm is right. lol. Currently got the 4th draft building. I had made the fins way to wide on the last one. and hopefully got the chamfer right at the top of the part.

Reactions: DODGEBOYS

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Well, the 4th daft is damn close. I Which is good enough to get fitment testing going. So plan to ship it our soon. hopefully tomorrow. @87_power_ram

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, Draft two CAD is done for the turbine center cap. Gonna build it tomorrow. If I start it now. it wont be done till 2am or something and I like my sleep. You can check out the CAD Drawings below. So Monday - Tuesday, I should have an Idea on whether I'll send this draft for initial fitment testing or not.

View attachment 632565

View attachment 632566

View attachment 632567

View attachment 632568
Looking awesome to see finished product

·
Registered
12 Posts

View attachment 632565

View attachment 632566

View attachment 632567

View attachment 632568
It’s all good my truck ain’t getting sold ! I am just redoing some things to keep it looking stock!

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
It’s all good my truck ain’t getting sold ! I am just redoing some things to keep it looking stock!
Thank you for your patience! And good looking set of wheels there! I'm a bit jealous there! lol

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
Update:

Sorry its been a bit & I have been supper busy. Also, kinda need a break on this CAD work for our trucks. So, I switched gears to some other projects, Which was this custom wrench & tool holder I needed for Work! Which has increased my CAD skills quite a bit! Plus, been taking this free online course. So far its allowed me to speed up how I do CAD & has made things easier. So YAY for that! Following, I needed to get done some house hold things.

Etsy Store:

Finally Added the Big Trim / Molding Clips to my store. So, now available! Link below! "Took Me Long Enough"

Turbine Center Cap:

The prototype has came back from test fitment with a lot of good feed back! Thanks @87_power_ram ! Still mulling over in my head the best way to implement the changes with out compromising the core design. So, you can say "Brain is calculating. Please wait!" lol

Deluxe Tail Gate Trim Clips:

With my new found CAD Knowledge, I'll be able to CAD these in a much superior way than I did these last clips I have made. So, I have started applying them and made good head way today, starting from the ground up. I plan to do more this week. Hopefully get the core CAD done and a prototype made. We will see about that! Might be a bit ambitious there. See below the current generated CAD. Thanks again @billyclifton15 for empowering this!

Design Note: I plan to beef it up a bit to make it over all stronger where I deem fit. Example: I measure 1.623mm I'm gonna around up to like 1.70 or 1.75mm being geometry dependent. Best to strong than to weak.

Rectangle Fashion accessory Metal Auto part Laptop accessory

281 - 300 of 325 Posts