·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes, original ones with that three holes for the cap. At front they haven to be open because I have manuel hubs.

Reactions: HOBO

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 · (Edited)
okay, well your in luck. User: 87_Power_Ram just sent me some OEM 4X4 set to reverse engineer and make new ones. but lead time to production is 3-6 months ish. I have to send each one on back to him I produce for fitment testing. for I do not have a wheel with me. so a lot of shipping time which causes this lead time to be trouble some. also I am still new to CAD-ing any who lol. Plus then after that Road test at different speeds to make sure they do not explode off of the wheel do to Centrifugal Force.

FYI: I just posted some photos of them a page or two back on this thread.

also I just realized these Center Caps are plastic then Metal Plated. I know, no one will pay the cost to metal plate these. But I'll come back with pricing once they are done being CAD-ed.

·
Administrator
61,802 Posts
also I just realized these Center Caps are plastic then Metal Plated. I know, no one will pay the cost to metal plate these. But I'll come back with pricing once they are done being CAD-ed.
How well does the plastic you use take paint? They might look cool painted to match the body color.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
How well does the plastic you use take paint? They might look cool painted to match the body color.
Short answer: Yes

Slightly longer answer: Very well with the proper prep work like always. Nylon 12 is very common and used in a ton of daily house old items.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Lead time doesn't matter. Good luck!

With some chrome spray (or body color) the caps could look good.

·
Registered
1975 W100 Power Wagon Adventurer Sport 318 727 NP203 3.55
206 Posts
Any plans on the factory clearance light? I know lead time is pretty high as its a lot of cad work.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
yeah lead times are high only for its just me doing this on the side. Lately I haven't been able to do anything for I been ultra busy at work. Do you have a reference photo? I'm not sure which part you referring to?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I just got info from customs that my package is in PL. I hope I can share photos of your products in a week or so.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
I just got info from customs that my package is in PL. I hope I can share photos of your products in a week or so.
Hell yeah thats good news! Look forward to your thoughts. its been a long time coming lol

·
Registered
1975 W100 Power Wagon Adventurer Sport 318 727 NP203 3.55
206 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting White Product Automotive design

this pic is from LMC. the part I am referring to is the Gray/White housing that doesn't have a number in the picture. I've managed to pick up a few but none are currently in good enough shape for use.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 · (Edited)
oh, that. that can be done easy "Generally speaking". But things have gotten interesting at work. so yeah deeper waters. which = further delays on development of parts.

·
Registered
1985 D150 shortbox, 318 A833
4 Posts
Yeah I plan to make it out of Nylon 12 Glass Filled Material, So its Tuff and high wear resistant. I was CADing of off a broken part. Just found a good reference image. See below for the changes and ref picture.

Current Part Pricing for the map light lenses and the door rod lock clips: "Subject to change, just a ball park estimate"

Map Light Cover / Lense : $10.00

Door lock Rod Clip "Long Lasting": $4.00 each with bulk pricing built in later

View attachment 626994
View attachment 626993
Aren't those rod clips available though Dorman? or are you thinking your parts will be more durable?
I may be able to help with the lenses, I can make a clear/translucent product if there's enough demand.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,744 Posts
Aren't those rod clips available though Dorman? or are you thinking your parts will be more durable?
I may be able to help with the lenses, I can make a clear/translucent product if there's enough demand.
I wouldn't buy the Dorman clips, they aren't as good. These are pretty much the same as factory:

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Anyways a update is long over due. Long story short. Been slammed at the office, machine hot end craped out on me a 2nd time. Did a supper upgrade on it. Now I'll not have issues again, plus with the hot end upgrade, im getting way better performance and quality parts off of my prototype machine now. I'll post a pic later of kick ass lizard I made as a long build test run.

https://1stgenindustries.com/product/1974-1993-cab-clearance-lights-chrome/
Already reproduced , and licensed , not a good idea to do them .
Eventually they wont be available. The end goal is to end up with a CAD library of parts the can be eventually be built on demand in the future.
I'm thinking I can make them more durable in the long run. I believe a blend of techniques I know I can pull it off. Using a blend of Vapor Smoothing, GF Nylon, and the parts being built supper dense could do it. This will require some testing. To confirm my idea. Only time will tell. lol

Yeah but with FDM, and Photopolymers, you gotta watch the heat and UV Rays from destroying the parts. Its all on machine technology and material choice.

Reactions: 87_power_ram

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Anyways a update is long over due. Long story short. Been slammed at the office, machine hot end craped out on me a 2nd time. Did a supper upgrade on it. Now I'll not have issues again, plus with the hot end upgrade, im getting way better performance and quality parts off of my prototype machine now. I'll post a pic later of kick ass lizard I made as a long build test run.

Eventually they wont be available. The end goal is to end up with a CAD library of parts the can be eventually be built on demand in the future.

I'm thinking I can make them more durable in the long run. I believe a blend of techniques I know I can pull it off. Using a blend of Vapor Smoothing, GF Nylon, and the parts being built supper dense could do it. This will require some testing. To confirm my idea. Only time will tell. lol

Yeah but with FDM, and Photopolymers, you gotta watch the heat and UV Rays from destroying the parts. Its all on machine technology and material choice.
Yes to material choice.
Like the crap put out by Shinna.
How difficult is it to just use the right materials from the start? For crying out loud!

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
The Lizzard I made, that I was telling you guys about. Its called a Red-eyed Crocodile Skink. Its supper cool and moves do to the chain link design.
Eye Reptile Scaled reptile Grey Wood

Extinction Jaw Wood Skeleton Dinosaur

Head Eye Jaw Grey Wing

221 - 240 of 245 Posts