Dodge RamCharger Central banner
181 - 200 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Then I'll defiantly be adding them in the 4th revision, which I have now done so I dont forget. lol Thank you for your feed back, Still new to CADing / Part Design. Learning as I go lol. And your welcome. I hope to be able to reproduce a lot of stuff for all eras of time, makes N' Models. But I will always build to exceed & out last your expectations. I do not like building trash parts lol. Only the Best from me. Again thank you for you sharing of knowledge. So I can make that happen.

Currently testing fitment and Edge profiles. At the moment. Looking at playing with lithophanes settings to see if I can make it project Dodge on the floor. Or at least try to lol. I plan to go back and see if I can make the Cargo Light Covers to the same.

Fixture Rectangle Font Peach Advertising

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you ever want to try and tackle some center caps for the stock turbine style wheels i’d be happy to send you the 2 i have(1 open/1 closed) Comfort Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
If you ever want to try and tackle some center caps for the stock turbine style wheels i’d be happy to send you the 2 i have(1 open/1 closed)
View attachment 626937
That be sweet, lets try to figure out a game plan to make it happen. Right quick, can I get the measures for how wide it is and tall. I need to get an idea if I can fit it on my prototype machine. I know it will fit in my production machine.

Since, Im still in start up mode and doing this part time. I think for R&D and reverse engineering it can take me 3 - 6 months FYI. Because I do not have a Turbine rim to do the test fitting on. So Id have to ship them to you or find / have some one send me a spare. I wonder if Dogeboys has one he can spare. Also, I am gonna have to build them in two types of material to see which is best. Thats just me thinking aloud. Oh and we are gonna have to Drive Test them to make sure they hold up lol. Dont need them exploding going at high way speeds on someone.

Let me know your thoughts and how you feel about this.

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
The DODGE lettering on the front of the early 70's hoods, might sell well.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive lighting

I think it is the same as the vans had.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Car Tire

I have a set somewhere, if I run across them, I can load them to you.

I would love a set painted black, but don't really want to paint mine.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
The DODGE lettering on the front of the early 70's hoods, might sell well.

View attachment 626948

I think it is the same as the vans had.

View attachment 626949

I have a set somewhere, if I run across them, I can load them to you.

I would love a set painted black, but don't really want to paint mine.
I have no idea what happened to my originals.
They still might be around hidden really well.
I took them off... wait for it... years ago, to improve my aerodynamics. ☺

They are made out of some cultured metal though.

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
Somewhere I still have the ones from my first truck, as 73. One letter (D I think), came off, or got stolen, so I took the rest off, and tucked them safely somewhere. I keep running across them every ten years or so. My Wifes 75 had two letters loose on the dash, and the rest on the hood. I took them all off, and cleaned them up, and of course stashed them somewhere. But the are safe. ;)

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Somewhere I still have the ones from my first truck, as 73. One letter (D I think), came off, or got stolen, so I took the rest off, and tucked them safely somewhere. I keep running across them every ten years or so. My Wifes 75 had two letters loose on the dash, and the rest on the hood. I took them all off, and cleaned them up, and of course stashed them somewhere. But the are safe. ;)
That's really odge. ☺

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
well if yall got them, you may send them. But you might not get them back for a while. since like I mentioned am a one man army part time lol. And got plenty of testing to do to make sure they hold up years to come.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That be sweet, lets try to figure out a game plan to make it happen. Right quick, can I get the measures for how wide it is and tall. I need to get an idea if I can fit it on my prototype machine. I know it will fit in my production machine.

Since, Im still in start up mode and doing this part time. I think for R&D and reverse engineering it can take me 3 - 6 months FYI. Because I do not have a Turbine rim to do the test fitting on. So Id have to ship them to you or find / have some one send me a spare. I wonder if Dogeboys has one he can spare. Also, I am gonna have to build them in two types of material to see which is best. Thats just me thinking aloud. Oh and we are gonna have to Drive Test them to make sure they hold up lol. Dont need them exploding going at high way speeds on someone.

Let me know your thoughts and how you feel about this.
I’ll shoot you some measurements friday when i get back home!
If they’ll fit then i’ll be happy to send them your way and you’ll get no rush out of me as they are just sitting around since the other 2 were broken up when i got the truck…also if it comes down to having send them for test fitting i’d be happy to cover the shipping

Reactions: HOBO

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
yeah we'll figure it out. its nice you got a set. Its just faster and cheaper if I can use my prototype machine vs production machine. and yeah that help a lot.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Alright Prototype is done for the map Cover, time to move over to pre-production stage for it / some testing. see photos for what it will look like below in comparison to the original.

Rectangle Material property Tints and shades Gas Household supply

Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting Gadget Automotive exterior
Rectangle Tints and shades Jewellery Fashion accessory Monochrome photography
Flash photography Gas Water bird Monochrome photography Darkness
Tints and shades Font Darkness Shadow Still life photography

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Well the Door lock bushings have now began. This 1st version is just a test piece for dimensions and over all part concept. so its gonna be changing quite a bit I feel as I dial in the design.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Well the Door lock bushings have now began. This 1st version is just a test piece for dimensions and over all part concept. so its gonna be changing quite a bit I feel as I dial in the design.
Well, those should be popular. Especially if you can make them last forever.
They fit a lot of different things add all across the Chrysler models.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 · (Edited)
Yeah I plan to make it out of Nylon 12 Glass Filled Material, So its Tuff and high wear resistant. I was CADing of off a broken part. Just found a good reference image. See below for the changes and ref picture.

Current Part Pricing for the map light lenses and the door rod lock clips: "Subject to change, just a ball park estimate"

Map Light Cover / Lense : $10.00

Door lock Rod Clip "Long Lasting": $4.00 each with bulk pricing built in later

Arm Gesture Auto part Automotive exterior Strap

Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Comfort

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Center caps are around 4-4.5” tall and 6”s wide
I can build them on my prototype machine. Lets get in to a PM on shipping them over here.

Reactions: 87_power_ram

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Just an update. I have been bogged down at the office with a bunch of stuff. Especially with the new machines we got. I got like a week more of this if I had to guess. I am making SLOW ass progress on the door rod lock clips. Since I haven't had time like mentioned above.

Reactions: Panda
181 - 200 of 252 Posts