Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Gents,

I am 2nd Generation in the Industrial 3D Printing Industry. And want to do some market study by asking y'all what kinda small / medium size plastic part you guys need to be reproduced. I am currently working on Reproducing Ram Head Hood Ornaments ones that are paint ready, Ones that are Nickle plated (Just Like the Original ones), and this wicked black distressed ones. So I wanna feel things out to see what else might need to be done.

I am still working on pricing of the New Reproduction Ram Head Hood Ornaments. I have one getting plated now and waiting on its return. Parts I am thinking about are like trim clips, seat belt buckle covers, and ETC. Which all parts would be produced out of Nylon 12 which will be tough as nails and functional.

·
Registered
28,128 Posts
did you read the link below

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No till now. but mine wont look like that, provided this business idea takes off. I dont use the FDM tech, I use SLS which is a lot better and has 10X the resolution & structural integrity . Which mine will come pre vapor smoothed so it looks and feels injection molded. I am all about quality & function. Also FDM are not always 100% solid. They have an infill normally of about 20% - 35% with the rest being air. Also here are some photos from the plating company of the finishes I am looking at. Plus there the best in the industry, making parts stronger, plus there plating wont peal. it gets imbedded some how.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
28,128 Posts
l,d like to see the 1981 to 1993 heater control plate made [ the one where the blower switch breaks off ]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily mine hasn't broken off, maybe I can scan it or have one of my engineers CAD it for me. Its the fan lever right? The one that controls the fan / blower speed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as long as I have a .slt file and its not too big or long yes. do note if its a big or long piece it has to be built in sections. but would have a cut out like a puzzle piece to insure proper fitment. I had to build some big parts this way in the past. I have access a Max Build Size of 400x400x450 mm (15.75 x 15.75 x 17.72 in). but if this takes off, and I can afford to buy a really nice 3D scanner. I'll be able to do larger parts with out much issue. I am currently focused on smaller stuff right now.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
394 Posts
Trim clips are a definite possibility if they are stronger and relatively priced. Also the seatbelt covers would be beneficial. Parts such as dash inserts (parts that go around gages may also be worth your while if you can make them that big) would probably be big hits too.

Neil

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dually noted Neil!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fender emblems like the RAM, RAM 150, 250, 350 POWER RAM, CUMMINS truck emblems would sell well i would think. Also the cargo light for 88-93 trucks would be a big item as everyone's is dry rotted and falling apart.

Reactions: neil4224

·
Vendor
11,456 Posts
The trim pc for the head liner above the rear view mirror is hard to find in one pc.
Also the A pillar trim with 3 gauge pods is no longer in production.
Jim

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yep, the LE interior trim is highly sought after. Too big (long) for his current equipment though.

81 to 93 fuse block cover under the steering column is always broken.

Arm rest pads? They'll be hard but not jagged.

Power window bezels, again always broken.

Wondering if this miracle nylon can make good wiper bushings?

72 to 80 dash pads?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ill post the nylon specs here once i get home later today. Yeah i dont see why i can not build all that.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Don't forget... big discounts for broke Canadians and free shipping. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Lol i'll do my best to help you guys out too! Still one thing at a time. There is only one of me. Lol I'm using my own cash to try this out & got a lot of testing to do as well. I don't want to sell shit replacement parts. I wanna sell shit that last & doesn't break easy. I am running behind today. I should be able to get those nylon 12 specs out for you guys tomorrow.

Plus heres a few photos of whats possible. Btw the door handle photo is built as a functional piece all ready assembled. For the ram head that is what it will look like once it gets vapor smoothed. Right now the one in the photo is at the plating shop. But these vapor smoothed ones ill sell as paint ready for those who like doing custom colors n stuff.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This.

Interior trim of any kind is a junkyard or eBay only type of thing.
I don't see why not. Id have to 3D scan them in so i can capture the texture perfectly. But id have to scan unbroken damage ones from somebody & the big pieces in chunks with a puzzle joint in it for assembly that fit tightly. Then just assemble with some JB weld, sand, then paint it the color you like.

Reactions: TheBohunk

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
This science fiction stuff!
And I like it!

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
188 Posts
Armrest pads for the doors. There is hardly a square body truck out there that doesn’t need them

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am glad you like it Kurt good idea Bohunk. I can at least make those to where all you gotta do is add some padding. and here is the nylon 12 specs

1 - 20 of 41 Posts