Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

· Vendor
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hottoddie said:
Is there any way you could incorporate a swing arm option for a spare tire carrier? Love the work so far!
That is a good idea!!!

Work has been crazy this week so no time for the project :(.

I should have the final test center section this week.
Jim

· Registered
408 Posts
383 a4 runner said:
Are you going to fill in the space on each side where the bumper goes? Will the winch clear the body without modification?
How about putting 'ears' top and bottom at each corner, made of loops of heavy round stock? They would serve as anchors for the most part, but if you had to run the winch cable out to the side to pull yourself sideways, you could route the cable between the 'ears' and save cable and body (at the expense of bumper paint).

· Vendor
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just got back from vacation & am trying to get the last bumper test wing bent up this week. After that I should be able to get #1 in production & see if I want to change anything before running a few.
Keep watching!!
Jim

· Registered
13,530 Posts
swinging "D" rings allow for off angle pulls with out distortion or overbuilding ...

· Vendor
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The test wing is finally @ the fitment I was looking for. The end cap of the wing I still need to finalize but I think by the end of the week I'll get #1 in process. I am also thinking about a flip cover for the winch like the industrial electric pallet jacks have on there battery.

What do you guys think?

PS;
The Oval port is for the reverse lights that fit into the rubber gasket.

Attachments

· Registered
13,530 Posts
  you asked me remember LOL    too tight to body , I'd wind up backing into a tree , bending a frame horn or just tweeking everything enough so it'd be hitting , but the same tree , and a snatch block and it'd be fixed I guess . ( will it clear an undented body )    nice workman ship  ;)

· Vendor
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It will drop down to have 1" clearance under the tail gate. It does have like 7/8" clearance to the sheet metal @ the corner.
Jim

PS;
Does any one have any pics & measurements from the top of the Bumper to under the tail gate on a RC & Pick up?

· Registered
7 Posts
Looks good to me.  Enough surface area to use as a step to access the rear of a roof rack and I've got room to add a swing arm to hold a spare.  Will the wings be strong enough to use as a jack point?  Will there be enough room to the left or right of the roller fair lead to attach a license plate?  Nice work so far!

· Registered
13,530 Posts
pics wit a tape , IMO this '93 short box is a virgin , original paint , ( all pealing evenly LOL ) and arrow straight .

Attachments

21 - 40 of 100 Posts