Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1980 ramcharger I bought for $500 a year ago. The drivetrain is mostly all new now and mostly stock, exept for rear posi and propane. It's in my shop right now getting a new body and paint. It's a full load and everything works except the A/C. Who needs that when the roof comes off right?

Attachments

·
5,137 Posts
Do you gain any performance when you switch to propane?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've rebuilt the top end of the engine( 360 4 barrel), rebuilt the tranny(727), replaced rear axle housing and components, replaced both driveshafts, installed dual exhaust, put in new floor boards and carpet, stereo, windshield twice ( friends like to whip the front seat forward too fast), and now new everything for the body. The picture doesn't show all the bondo and duct tape holding the thing together. I'll also have some pics soon of my jackstands I have for my roof. They may give you guys an idea on making some for yourselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
nice rig- enjoy

Larry

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, you acually lose power. Not so much with dodges, but ford and chevy are bad for that. All you need is a good ignition system, intake and hardend exhaust valve seats to regain and improve your power. Propane is also easier on your engine and exhaust system. I like the price of propane too. It's a lot cheaper than gas.

·
5,137 Posts
how does it effect milage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It gets a little worse but the low cost makes it worth it to me. It's also easy to work on. Instead of a carb there's a mixer which has only one adjustment. Simple and easy. No screwin' around with jets and stuff.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice '80 RC!!! $500?!! A heck of a deal! Welcome to Ramcharger Central!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
cool another Canadian eh!!!, nice rig was that 500$ in cdn or u.s. dollars? either way it's a steal. i've been toying with the idea of putting the grill and double headlight into my 78 rc. kinda sad that we have look south of the border to find a community for our beloved dodges.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ill second that remark big blue. ;D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
one of these days we should have our selves a Canadian meet, we could all starrt driving the same day and meet in moose jaw or something. have any of you B.C. boys checked out the mag canadian 4wd since it's based out there? here's a question for Kyle, have you ever dealt with those a$$holes from central ontario four wheeler?

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Welcome Kuhnman,
In this months fourwheeler rag offroad champ Rod Hall names
the 80 RC as one of the ten best 4x's ever.Nice to see these new RC fans keep popping up.Keep posting those pics.Sweet rc{cool}

Michael

·
Registered
883 Posts
If I remember correctly, Rod Hall used to race a Dodge pickup in the off road series..if it's true than he's an old fan... ;D
Nice 80rc though.....I think they have the nicest overall look, hell, I miss mine

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
Take a look at the Rod Hall driving school. ALL Dodge trucks

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
rod hall's been training in hummers for a couple of years now, at least that's what I've seen/heard.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
PhantomRam said:
If I remember correctly, Rod Hall used to race a Dodge pickup in the off road series..if it's true than he's an old fan... ;D
Nice 80rc though.....I think they have the nicest overall look, hell, I miss mine
Yepper Rod Hall raced dodges for years and so did Walker Evans(think he also had a ferd or two and now runs a S-10 in rock crawling comp).I would love to find out what it feels like to go over 100mph across the desert in a full comp SCORE rig.

(meant kuhnman as the new rc fan)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it's been a while but I finished my RC's body and she's
back on the road. I have no idea how to post my new pics.
I don't have pics on the web and no idea how to do this without paying money. The before paint pics were way too small because I can't figure it out. Gees, I can rebuild auto
trannys at work but can't post pics. I guess computers aren't my thing. well a little info on the new truck, it's the original blue and silver two tone paint with all the chrome put back on.
the interior has all new carpet and front seats out of a 97' Dodge pickup, Grant steering wheel, Mopar fog lights, 10" wide turbine wheels, headers, Excel coil and big sound system. If I figure out how to post some good pics I'll definetly do it soon. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks from the Canadian guy eh! (ha ha)

·
Registered
179 Posts
welcome Kuhnman nice lookin rig nice to see more B.C. boys finding there way here go to the B.C.chapters and get sighed up. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts