Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new set of lift gate struts cause the ones that were on the truck were all rusting and broken. Even so, the old ones would at least hold the lift up half way. I just put on new ones that I got from Advanced Auto Parts. I don't recall the brand off hand, but they were the only set listed at AAP. They worked great like the first day I got them, then they worked less, now they really don't work at all. The lift gate will completely shut itself now if I let go of it.

I need to take these back, even though I don't think I have the reciept or bags they came in anymore. And I need to find some that work better. Do I need to just get them from the dealer, or has anyone had better luck with whatever brand Autozone sells?

-Dan

·
Registered
810 Posts
I replaced mine years ago with a pair from Autozone or Pep Boys, and they worked like new for years until I sold the truck. One of yours is probably defective, and the other one can't do the job by itself. See if you can figure out which one is weak, and try to take it back.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I got one from autozone and the other from carquest and I have not had any problems with them. Mopar440 is probably right about one being defective.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
just buy a new one from the same place and put bad one in package and return it as defective.usually tose parts have a one year warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts