Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Negative.  Nothing will properly swap where a NP203 was, it's adaptor and output shaft length are unique.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You’ll still need to swap the transmission output shaft or you won’t have enough spline engagement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so the output shaft lengths are different in the tranny’s. That’s what I needed to know. Thank you guys. I’m not sure I’ll go through the trouble of swapping since I also have a 205 that’s a direct swap.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
viperblue72 said:
Ok so the output shaft lengths are different in the tranny's. That's what I needed to know. Thank you guys. I'm not sure I'll go through the trouble of swapping since I also have a 205 that's a direct swap.
The 205 is not a direct swap....it requires the same changes. As Elwenil said, only a 203 will go in place of a 203.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Agreed, the mated, 23 spline version of the NP205, the NP208 and the NP241 will all directly swap.  Nothing swaps with a NP203 except another NP203.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mopar572 said:
The 205 is not a direct swap....it requires the same changes. As Elwenil said, only a 203 will go in place of a 203.
I have a 205 mated to a early 727 where a 203 used to be and I didn't have to do anything except have the right adapters. It's in a small block 727 parts truck I have. Am I missing something g?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
You most likely are lacking a lot of spline engagement. It makes for a weak setup where twisting off a shaft is a real possibility.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
As we are saying, it is possible, but you don’t have nearly enough spline engagement (in my personal opinion)

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Elwenil said:
You most likely are lacking a lot of spline engagement. It makes for a weak setup where twisting off a shaft is a real possibility.
what he said and it was mentioned further above also

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.