Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just registered here and I just bought a 1981 W150 (4X4) everybody knows the "W" means here. It is a W short wide box slant 6 with NP 435 stock truck that needs help in the motor department and interior. It is a maroon inside and out royal.  I am looking to make it a nice everyday driver with some power. I have found a 74/76 360 and plan to swap.  I am looking for interior window molding and door panels in maroon (dark red)etc.  if anybody has some 4X4 parts for and 1981 318 bell housing I am very interested. I am a Ram enthusiast I own a 1st gen Cummings W250 and a 2014 1500 with a V/6 4X4 crew cab. My W150 is a winter project and I am trying to round up some parts before then. 
Thanks for looking/help
email address [email protected]
Phone to be provided upon request.
Chuck 

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
Well to RCC!

The W is the model designation for 4x4. 2x4 is D. So D150 vs W150

For trim parts and such, I'd recommend posting in the classified/part-wanted section.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to RCC!

Grew up in Montana, but I'm down in New Mexico at the moment.

I'd recommend scouring the Craigslist ads in Spokane and Salt Lake area for parts.

Good luck! Been a wet summer in central MT this year.

- Jim

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
check and see if that slant 6 has adjustable rocker arms , the 6 was VERY late to get hydraulic lifters and the valves were suppose to get adjusted occasionally , most "mechanics " swore that wasn't so and when it ran on 5 they figgered it was "shot.."  adjusting the valves on a few made them run fine for many more years..... just saying ..btdt

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
dodge82273 said:
check and see if that slant 6 has adjustable rocker arms , the 6 was VERY late to get hydraulic lifters and the valves were suppose to get adjusted occasionally , most "mechanics " swore that wasn't so and when it ran on 5 they figgered it was "shot.." adjusting the valves on a few made them run fine for many more years..... just saying ..btdt
Missed it by one year. '80s should have been the last year for mechanical tappets. Still, it may be worth checking as various other things have bled over a year one way or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.