Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, lets try this again. How bout a night run up to crown king on Fri the 6th?? I say we meet up right off of the 17 at about 7 or 8 and head out from there. I would probably stay until Sunday afternoon so I could do some exploring (or just bbq-ing and hanging out) on Saturday. Let me know what you think.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Sweet I'll try to get that weekend off. The RC might not be ready by then but the jeeps runnin fine. (It'll be the first time putting it in 4 wheel so it should be fun) Wyatt

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I'm game for it. I'll have to convince the Twister though. She's a little leery of doing it at night. Something about that Jeep going off last time I guess.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked into it and we may have to camp in a campground down by horsethief basin. With everything being as dry as it is, they are very leary of people camping. We wouldn't be able to have ANY kind of fire unles we are in an official campground. I will do a little more research and post up. I know its about $6 per site per night. I'll find out more.........to be continued

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
okay, i'm determined to go on this one. Front driveshaft needs rebuilt and body bushings need to be put on the truck, anyone wanna come over and have some steaks and help lift the body on my TD? ;D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
yeah man i'll help ya, i have some good speaker wire around here somewhere for you too. 12awg monster wire!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just post up when you want to do it....preferably early to avoid the heat. The body bushing shouldn't take very long especially with a couple of us on it. Your phone workin yet???

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i think my phone works, i got a few calls today without any problems

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is what I found out on the camping. The camground I was thinking about is temporarily closed but we can camp any where we want up there (like usual) but fires have to be propane or gas, no wood campfires or charcoal. One of the guys who is going has a propane fire ring and I may be able to get some stoves. George if you still have the grill (el fuego??) that would work too. So we will probably just get up there Friday night late and set up camp somewhere, cook a midnight snack and hit the sack. Saturday probably do some more exploring and maybe go fishin at horsethief lake or whatever we want to do (probably take a bath in the saloon bathroom sink at that point). Should be a blast!!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
cool joe, i just put a new alternator in my truck so i know my headlights are up to it. I hope i can make it

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Any chance of moving the date back or up one weekend? I just realized I have drill on the 7-8th.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
moving it up would work for me too, gives me some more time to prep my truck for the trip

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm off friday night, but I have to work sat and sun. Maybe I can take that weekend off. I would like to try a night run, but I might be going in my truck since I have no RC as of yet. I found an 89 RC, but I don't like the fact that it's a 3spd auto. I would buy it if it would be easy to swap in an overdrive tranny. Does anybody know how hard it would be to do that?

If I decide to buy it I'll probably get it sometime this week, but I'm waiting to see if a tranny swap is something that can be done.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
it would be pretty easy to swap in, just have to drill a few holes for the new placement of the A-518 crossmember. Then you have to wire up a switch for the OD (real easy).

the hard part is finding the tranny, tcase, and crossmember in good shape

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure if I'll be able to reschedule. I've already got a bunch of people goin who are planning on the 6th. If you guys want to set up another run for the following weekend, I won't be able to go.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just talked to a guy who did CK a couple months ago and he said it is a lot harder than it used to be. I guess some of the tight switchbacks are washed out. When he went up there were a couple full size stock trucks that had real problems gettin through and it was a real pain in the a$$.

Good news is that the fire restrictions have been lifted

·
Registered
423 Posts
AZ_BearFan said:
I just talked to a guy who did CK a couple months ago and he said it is a lot harder than it used to be. I guess some of the tight switchbacks are washed out. When he went up there were a couple full size stock trucks that had real problems gettin through and it was a real pain in the a$$.

Good news is that the fire restrictions have been lifted
Are we talkin switchbacks with cliffs? Maybe me an the wife will hang out with Jackie and Jalene! :-[

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.