Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Dodge W100 Custom - 440 Six Pack
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been lurking on these forums for awhile but finally pulled the trigger on a truck of my own a few weeks ago. I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions and looking for advice so wanted to share the truck and post some pics in the meantime.

1977 W100 - Factory 440 truck but had a 1968 440 HP swapped and six pack added. Factory AC truck as well.

Frame and body are in great shape. Only rot on the entire truck is on one of the bed wheel wells. Frame off restored in the late 90's according to the paperwork and looks like it's been garaged it's whole life. Saving grace especially during these harsh New England winters.

Will update soon on some of the repairs being done to it.

Attachments

Reactions: 1778ppr

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Nice find. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Very nice!!
Wait until Kurt sees this. Another SixPack truck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
At least this one doesn't have a Chevy tranny...... ;D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sweet find, jealous of the big block, but not the automatic.  Love my 4 speeds....

Like the trailer too is that one yours?

Neil

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. It’s been fun so far just working on some smaller items. Engine timing, lubricating transfer case linkage, speedometer cable etc. Doing some interior upgrades as we speak, LED dash lights because I can barely drive at night with the ones in it. Speakers are shot so wouldn’t mind upgrading them and maybe doing a new radio unit. Been looking at the Retrosound New York head unit, anyone have any experience with it?

Unfortunately the trailer is not mine. Had to rent it for 8 hour round trip drive to upstate VT to pick it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Few more updates....

Completely redid the interior.
-Removed rubber floor lining and cleaned up the floor boards. Few spots needed repair and painted all the tin.
- Carpet from FactoryInteriors (ACC carpet with Mass backing)
- Floor mats from FactoryInteriors
-New Retrosound radio - Crutchfield
-Amp under the bucket seat - Crutchfield
-Box speakers behind seat - Crutchfield

Installed a new Transfer Loc switch and ran new wire to the harness.
New LED lights in the instrument cluster

Finally washed her today and got her looking and sounding good.

Definitely been a fun project so far!

Reactions: 1778ppr

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Latest upgrades to the truck….

• New stainless dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers and rear exits.
  • 4 inch all spring Rough Country lift. (RC forgot to include the front shims so waiting on them to arrive) Before and after pics posted.

Next up, bigger tires and new wheels. Current tires are 31x10.5 looking to go to 33x12.5. Looking to go with polished American Racing Baja wheels.

I think I’m past my 3 modifications for the stock truck class at Carlise this year lol.

Attachments

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,814 Posts
Uh oh Kurt's got some company! Lol

Nice truck brother, great score.

·
Vendor
11,639 Posts
I would not run the wedges on the front axle because it changes the steering geometry & will get dartey on the road.
Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Jim,
The lift included a raised steering block, do you think the shims will still cause steering issues?

Might be best to drive it around, see how it feels and adjust things as we go.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Latest upgrades to the truck….

• New stainless dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers and rear exits.
  • 4 inch all spring Rough Country lift. (RC forgot to include the front shims so waiting on them to arrive) Before and after pics posted.

Next up, bigger tires and new wheels. Current tires are 31x10.5 looking to go to 33x12.5. Looking to go with polished American Racing Baja wheels.

I think I’m past my 3 modifications for the stock truck class at Carlise this year lol.
I will be in the lookout for this at Carlisle.

You taking it to Chrysler, All Truck or both?

We go to both most years...but the family has found Bloomsburg 4x4 Jamboree to be more fun...and it is the same weekend as Chrysler

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I took it to Chrysler this year and am trying to make it an annual trip. It's a 7.5 hour drive from up here in MA and my old man just picked up a 71 Road Runner so the Chrysler show works best for us.

Pic attached is from the show this year. Mine on the right, surprisingly placed third in the stock class. Truck on the left placed 2nd.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Beautiful truck you got there.
You did ca great job with the interior. How does the retrosound radio sound?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I took it to Chrysler this year and am trying to make it an annual trip. It's a 7.5 hour drive from up here in MA and my old man just picked up a 71 Road Runner so the Chrysler show works best for us.

Pic attached is from the show this year. Mine on the right, surprisingly placed third in the stock class. Truck on the left placed 2nd.
Well. There ya have it. I remember seeing the two dark Dodges side by side.

Will have to see if my son took pics. He was the camera man this year.

My son is 8 he has been to it every year

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beautiful truck you got there.
You did ca great job with the interior. How does the retrosound radio sound?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I love the Retrosound setup. I use mostly the bluetooth off my phone and it sounds amazing. Very happy with the head unit and the two box speakers. Tried to get a radio that looked stock but with modern technology and this is everything I hoped for. Can even change the color display a bunch of colors so tried to match up the blueish/green of the instrument lights as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts