Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a post of a place that did a good service! post here an let other folks know. also let us know if there are any bad ones. for some reason just cound not cut the mustard to have a Good Quality rating.

things to include:

what service was done!
prices prices prices
turn around times
attitudes
Dodge friendly?
Phone Numbers/Addresses.
POCs. Point of Contacts.
get the name of the fellah or manager. maybe if we bring some to the table they can help us out too.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AVOID!

Valley Transmission.

100 Gentry Way Ste E15
Reno, NV 89502
Phone: (775)825-5020

while there attitudes an prices are good there back up to there service is not.

each time i took a vehicle there i had problems.
1st was with the old 89 dodge. took it in for routine trans flush. next day i go out an i have a puddle of ATF under the truck. i take a few polaroids of it an go there an explain to the mechanic whats up an that i just had it serviced there. he bit my damn head off for taking picture........i explained why i did that (how many times have you tried to explain puddle sizes?) to which he said that was just rude. turns out is was a faulty O-ring seal on the dip stick tube. the management at the time when i called said it was there fault it should have been replaced so it woundt be a charge. not so after it was all done. i got a bill for 12$ due to a "miscommunication"

2nd time: i took the 85 RC in to get its diffs an trans done. they tell me i have a limt slip an it needs a special lube. i agree to that an go along with the service. few weeks later i am having rear end problems (the truck ::)) after another evaluation through reno driveline it turns out that Valley used the wrong additive. they refused to warrenty there work.

700 bucks later Reno driveline did me good.

stay away from Valley transmission as i am not the only one dissatisfied with them i found out

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is from Stonewall 2

Good!!!!

Well this post is to list Businesses that treat you right give good service all the time and just plain ROCK!!
I'll start out with a local mechanic That has been A god send knows Dodges really good has a bunch of really great mechanics and his rates are good 2 . Where is this mechanic you might ask well his name is Tom of Toms Auto Care and he's located at 3685 N. Lamb Blvd., Suite 101 Las Vegas, NV 89115 (in the Thunder Bird Plaza) Tell him Cameron Sent YA And you will get even better service. Tom has been able to do some real good work On my truck Stonewall I had some real bad electrical problems from the cold Alaska to the hot Nevada that were plaguing . He fixed it, knew from experience with Dodges exactly what it was and it's all golden now.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good!

Drive Line & Gear Service of Re 1325 Glendale Ave
Sparks, NV 89431
Phone: (775)331-4500

after i needed a new limtd slip installed i called these guys on referal from a friend.
a total rear axle rebuild (bearing to bearing with the auburn install) was 300$.

however i did go to one of the guys who did it at the shop after hours.

Big Andy was the man who did a damn fine job. explained it all an made sure i new how to take care of the axle next time a service was due. i highly recomend these guys. i have changed the front CAD motor a few times in the RC an everytime i have gone in to get the new gasket they have just given it to me FREE!

they are polite an keep a clean store.

turnaround is slow an the prices are little higher than some.
pay for the quality an go to big Andy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Donny's Four Wheel Drive World
3180 Mill St. Reno

Great service and can get you anything you need for your truck or suv. I've donated a lot of time and money to Donny's. Custom welding available too.

Tires Unlimited
Kietzke Lane Reno

Very resonable prices for service but I typically just use TU for lube,oil, filter and tire rotations. Discount if you bring own oil and filter as I always do for my 96 Impala SS. Very friendly service but typical average wage grease monkeys doing the work.

Costco
Reno

I have custom ordered tires from Costco for years for my Impala SS and Costco is the only place I have ever bought new tires for my vehicles. Orders usually filled in 10 days or so at similar prices to Tire Rack.

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Fernley Napa(shameless plug)

Got to talk to either Steve (1st choice) or Dennis (2nd choice) Both are really good at what they do and they take time to make sure you are getting the right part

I've never had a problem with Napa. Regardless of which one in the Northern Part of the State.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mudshark said:
Fernley Napa(shameless plug)

Got to talk to either Steve (1st choice) or Dennis (2nd choice) Both are really good at what they do and they take time to make sure you are getting the right part

I've never had a problem with Napa. Regardless of which one in the Northern Part of the State.
:mad: [email protected]: Maybe out there the Napa's are okay but I am in a fight with Napa Corporate (Napaonline.com/complaints) at this moment for giving out my E-address to the owner (Jerry Jr.) of all the Shasta County, CA stores -includes Red Bluff store also- (monopoly; The Ross Group rip-off's) after giving a complaint to them!!
To which I got them in deep trouble with the BBB for not validating a written warranty on an 'Orbital' battery!
Then also by slandering on my personal E-mail and finally mud slinging w/o 4WD or a cheesy cheap-o Napa mud flap! HA! (if ever in AHNOLDS YA-VOL Kalifornia whatch out!!)
Exide.com handled it IMMEDIATELY without Napa's worthless efforts in less than a DAY! (Exide rocks!) They sent me to Napa's competition who outright handed me a new one with new warranty! And I am keeping everyone informed who wants to be on the outcome of my case! Just shoot me an E-mail and I'll keep all posted! Also pass this info on to all other message boards so we ALL know what these jerks do!! ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
:mad: Well just what I would come to expect from a bunch of inbred hillbillies, corporate does not want to get into the wrong doings of one of its franchisee's! It seems they are making profit off of this Napa's ripping off of customers and just does not care! Or in plain english they are in bed together doing their hillbilly sex thing! SO, if you do not want to get taken and then insulted I suggest going to KRAGENS rather than CRAP-A because KRAGENS really does care! They will prove it by not only handling the issue IMMEDIATELY but also they will send you a $30. gift card for the bad experience!
This proves that KRAGENS ROCKS and Napa sucks ______!
Caveat Emptor..know who you are dealing with!!! ;D :eek: ;)

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Yes, the Shasta and Siskiyou county Napa's are horrible; They always have been. I am surprised that they are still in business. I always end up going to Littrels in that area. I personally hate Shucks/Kragens, too many shady dealings.

·
Registered
68 Posts
SeahawkDodge said:
Yes, the Shasta and Siskiyou county Napa's are horrible; They always have been. I am surprised that they are still in business. I always end up going to Littrels in that area. I personally hate Shucks/Kragens, too many shady dealings.
[td]- NAPA is a piece of CRAP-A anyway you look at them, corporate IS just as crooked as their franchisers! KRAGENS on the otherhand resolves issues in 48 hours and gives you a $30 gift card.Napa just screws ya & gives out your complaint address and all! Kragen Corp# 800-842-3070 use this for complaints and watch how concerned they get! Napa don't give a DAMN, but what INBRED Hillbilly ever does! :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a quick list:

Lombard's in Gardnerville is a great place, they damn near completely disassembled the engine in my Oldsmobile, told me what was wrong gave me an estimate, and when I told them I would probably fix it myself (engine needed replacement, completely), they asked if they should put it back together before I took it home. Didn't charge me a cent, either.

The place next Lombard's, I think it's Advanced Automotive and Gear, avoid them like the plague. They gave us a quote that was just insane, then wouldn't give us the truck back. We had to call the Sheriff's Department to force them to give it to us. Bastards.

Golden Nugget Automotive on Industrial Way is hell. One of their guys took a hammer to the front driver's side shock, then when we noticed it, they didn't care. Brand new shock, too.

G&D Automotive in Carson City is a great place. The check engine light in my Mother's Jeep turned on, it needed a new O2 sensor, they fixed it in about twenty minutes. They've done all of the work on our vehicles for the past 6 months, including transmission work, an engine replacement, suspension work, etc. Nice guys, pretty good prices, and they get things done quick.

Anyway, yeah.

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Two Thumbs Up!

Hughes Machine Shop in Fallon

Did a great job on my block, Cleaned, Honed, Bored, Balanced, and Decked.

They did it all for a good price...

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
WESTERN SLAVAGE AND RECYCLING!!!

Nothing but good things to say about them.  They take good care of me and have some low prices once you get to know them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TRAILDUSTER4X4(steve) said:
:mad: Well just what I would come to expect from a bunch of inbred hillbillies, corporate does not want to get into the wrong doings of one of its franchisee's! It seems they are making profit off of this Napa's ripping off of customers and just does not care! Or in plain english they are in bed together doing their hillbilly sex thing! SO, if you do not want to get taken and then insulted I suggest going to KRAGENS rather than CRAP-A because KRAGENS really does care! They will prove it by not only handling the issue IMMEDIATELY but also they will send you a $30. gift card for the bad experience!
This proves that KRAGENS ROCKS and Napa sucks ______!
Caveat Emptor..know who you are dealing with!!! ;D :eek: ;)
BEWARE OF KRAGEN!!!!!(or SCHUCKS, CHECKER whatever name they use in your area) In my experience their"countermen" are not very knowledgeable.(thyey don't even know what they stock on their own shelves!!!!!Â

Quick bit of info. you are there to buy parts not information. essentially it is a do it yourself shop. not a go to a mechanic and get parts with free information.
there are few kragens, schucks, checkers, allied auto, car crafts and napas out there that suck. if we continue to bad mout them all where are we going to get parts?
next time list the incident and the store location and who the salesman was. so we know who to avoid. dont just blanket statement all of them

·
Registered
5 Posts
For what it's worth:

Western Salvage and Recycling near Fallon They changed owners, crushed EVERYTHING and the place is bare. No longer a wrecking yard to get parts, but they'll take scrap metal. Too bad. They had a lot of older stuff.

Fernely NAPA. Steve's a great guy and will bend over backwards to help. I've known him a long time and built the roll cage for his first race car. Wish he still worked at the Fallon store.

Hughes Automotive in Fallon Great machine shop. Mike is smart and meticulous and his advice can keep you out of trouble. Aims Machine is a good shop in Reno too, but sometimes too busy to take on work.

The Parts Hous in Fallon. An independant auto parts store. Smart counter help rather than your average chain store seven dollar an hour employee of the week.

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Sea Bass said:
Fernely NAPA. Steve's a great guy and will bend over backwards to help. I've known him a long time and built the roll cage for his first race car. Wish he still worked at the Fallon store.
That's my Dad...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, that would explain why you gave him the plug, LOL.  I've haven't seen him in a couple of years or so (since I quit racing).  Hope he's doing OK.  Is he still messing around with the road racing stuff at Fernley?

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Sea Bass said:
Well, that would explain why you gave him the plug, LOL. I've haven't seen him in a couple of years or so (since I quit racing). Hope he's doing OK. Is he still messing around with the road racing stuff at Fernley?
He still does the road racing but all over the west coast now. He's semi-retired and enjoying the time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
THE NAPAS IN RENO ROCK 99% OF THE TIME THE COUNTER GUYS KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND HAVE THE PART IN STOCK IF NOT ITS ONLY USUALLY A 24 HOUR ORDER TIME EVEN ON MY WEIRD PARTS...
I USED TO RACE TOO WHO IS SEABASS???
THE KRAGEN SEEMS TO BE A GOOD PLACE BUT 90% OF THE COUNTER PEOPLE A JUST PLAIN IDIOTS ESPECIALLY THE STORE IN LEMMON VALLEY AND THE ONE AT 7TH AND MCCARRAN  (ITS LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN ANY CAR AT ALL)
... PEP BOYS HAS SURPRISED ME A FEW TIMES THEY HAD INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS IN STOCK..(.010 UNDER ROD BEARINGS, RINGS ETC ) IN STOCK BUT I HARDLY EVER USE THEM BECAUSE THE FISH FROM THE SAME COUNTER PERSON POOL AS KRAGEN..
I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD TRANS SHOPS AND MACHINE SHOPS IN RENO IF ANYONE HAS GOOD EXPERIENCES..
HERES THE SHOPS I HAVE USED..
GENERAL TRANS...NO THANKS
TRANS EXCHANGE.... MY 2 YR WARRANTY RAN OUT AND THEY STILL HADNT FIXED IT.(6 TIMES BACK).
LEVERETT.. I JUST PLAIN CANT AFFORD AND THEY DONT DO CARRYOUTS
D AND  D TRANS... LONG STORY DONT GET ME STARTED
MACHINE SHOPS...
SUPERIOR ... I CANT WAIT FOREVER..
HEWES... PRICE GOES UP BEFORE YOURE DONE.
AIMS ... TONY DOESNT WORK THERE ANYMORE SO THE PRICES HAVE DOUBLED..
RENO MACINE ///.. ITOOK MY 906 HEADS THAT CAME OFF OF A GOOD RUNNING 440 TO THEM AND WAS TOLD THEY WERE CRACKED AND WERE GOING TO REPLACE THEM FOR ME... SURPRISINGLY THEY HAD ALREADY THROWN MY HEADS AWAY...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.