Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of Western Wheels and cant find center caps that will fit, they center measures 3.75"

Any suggestions or help please, really would like to install these on my ramcharger

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I had a similar problem a couple of months ago with some steel wagon wheels I sand blasted and powder coated.  I found a store on e-bay that had a huge selection of center caps.  I needed 4" and I think I saw 40 million 3.75" models before I found a set of 4wd 4".  I got the set of 4, metal not plastic, brand new, for around $20.

So, search ebay stores - you will find what you need.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will check those out when i get home this evening, thank you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No luck anyone else please.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
akhwheels has a good selection of odd and rare wheels and center caps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but he wants 65$ a cap and those are just push in plastics. 

He does have a nice selection and in decent shape, ebay is cheaper for same suff though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front wheels fit pretty well without caps i think maybe the rears i'll find something cheap to pop in for the rear, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Ummm.. my neighbor has a '55 T-bird with a 292 V8... that has a 3.75 inch bore.  Find an old set of those pistons, polish them up and have them chrome plated!

Nah, that'll never work.

But seriously. I've done a fair amount of searching in my spare time and there are just no 3.75 inch center caps.  You sure of that size?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Measured twice and checked with a 4" cap.  Sour cream cup fits just right!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think im going to use an oil filter and take out the guts.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a cheap oil filter for my truck $1.25 cut the bottom off, cut tabs on the bottom and now all i have to do is paint to match.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sweet.  We will, or course, need pics!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine, all mine ;D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First got oil filter for 84 ramcharger, next cut bottom at seam, pried back edge to remove inners; slightly under pressure, the used pliers to make a lip to set on inside of rim.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
one more, more to come when painted to match and on truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Freakin' awesome!  I have Centerline wheels on my '89 and I swear their center caps look *exactly* like those oil filers, but chrome.  Right down down to the dimples on the sides.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now all i need is to get a hole saw for the front hubs.  Painted silver but forgot to prime first, i was going to remove all paint and just go natural and clear coat but that got old quick.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
BILLY THE KID said:
First got oil filter for 84 ramcharger, next cut bottom at seam, pried back edge to remove inners; slightly under pressure, the used pliers to make a lip to set on inside of rim.
Hands down, the best use I've seen for a Proselect filter! If you had used a Gold one, then I would have been offended. ;D

Nice job, dude! {cool}

1 - 20 of 27 Posts