Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey RCC!

Looking for some help with a throttle cable.

My TD came with a /6, but now has a 318. The throttle cable is too long. Measures 24" with gas pedal pushed down to the floor. Looks to me like it needs to be around 14-16". Pics below for reference.

Is there a part number or does someone know the length of the V8 cables?

Thanks for any replies.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Engineering Technology

Reactions: jcruse64

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
14" sounds pretty close to the length of a V8 cable, you'll have to be a bit creative to attach it to the Sniper, either with a throttle lever extension or an adapter like the one I run on mine.

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
14" sounds pretty close to the length of a V8 cable, you'll have to be a bit creative to attach it to the Sniper, either with a throttle lever extension or an adapter like the one I run on mine.

View attachment 634448
Ok, interesting. I'm looking at throttle cables on Rock auto and all the V8 options are listed as 27.5".

So now I'm just confused.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Overall length maybe, I was thinking more of the firewall to mounting point length. The ones I looked at are definitely shorter than what a remember a slant six being.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The V8 has a mount for the throttle cable on the engine. You need that mount to hold the end of the throttle cable casing or the throttle won't work right. The bracket if I recall uses the intake bolts.
Organism Font Auto part Drawing Art

My Lokar cable is 24" long too. But with that mounting bracket, length doesn't matter as long as the end of the cable is secured before the carb.

Reactions: jonn6464

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I can vouch for the Lokar setup. I have the throttle cable and kick down cable on my 77 and it works great.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll find a bracket and start experimenting.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Luckily you have a four speed like I do so there's no kickdown linkage to be concerned with, you can run either stock brackets and cable or aftermarket so long as you have full throttle movement.

You will find that the synchronized four barrel sniper is beyond touchy however, with a manual transmission it's too responsive for most without a longer throw on the throttle lever or a progressive linkage conversion.

Reactions: jonn6464

·
Registered
31,930 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts