Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first a few pics then questions.
First, my front seats have two holes in floor board in front of each seats and behind seats.
Can anyone explain this to me, if the holes are factory and my seats have been moved?

Next question does anyone have a picture of where the factory parking brake is mounted. Mine was hanging so I bolted it in a spot, but now pedal is beyond tight and wont engage.

Next I have some rust in the inner door, I'm trying to find what body piece to buy to repair. Is this considered the rocker panel?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those are not factory seats.  That would explain the extra holes.

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
The rusted part is part of the door frame.  I am not aware of any rocker panel that has more than just the flat bottom part of the sill.  For things like that I just use scrap body panels and make a piece to fit.  If I remember right, when I repaired the same spot on my '88, I used scraps I trimmed off the floor pans for my friend's '71 Road Runner, but pretty much any 20 Ga sheetmetal will do.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
your truck should have the seat 'pedestals" that ALL RC,s have to mount the seats , who ever put those in was a hack job / the correct way is to "adapt" the new seats to the pedestals which is fairly easy to do = NO holes drilled in the floor too ruin the truck  / plus the "factory holes" are threaded and a small 1 ft square pattern

that rust spot IS part of the "complete rocker" FULL length one and after searching l found NONE are made any more / just the "skins" ones / you can use a piece from a Cheby full rocker for the repair

the e-brake swing bracket should be mounted on a "shouldered" bolt so it moves freely

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,130 Posts
What year is your Ramcharger? The e-brake pedals mount to the kick panel on the side. With the brake cable attached it should not be hard to find the mounting holes as the cable will only let the brake assembly go so far. Are you sure the pedal assembly isn't rusted frozen? Maybe that's why someone detached it. And if it is you need to soak it in something that desolves rust at the pivot joints.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Canadian country boy said:
What year is your Ramcharger? The e-brake pedals mount to the kick panel on the side. With the brake cable attached it should not be hard to find the mounting holes as the cable will only let the brake assembly go so far. Are you sure the pedal assembly isn't rusted frozen? Maybe that's why someone detached it. And if it is you need to soak it in something that desolves rust at the pivots
Right on brother, mine is disconnected simply because I don't really need it. We live in flat country Wisconsin, and mine is a daily driver

Cheers,
Stephen

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,324 Posts
heliosteve said:
Right on brother, mine is disconnected simply because I don't really need it. We live in flat country Wisconsin, and mine is a daily driver

Cheers,
Stephen
I couldn't pass my local safety inspection without it working

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is a 88, proudly made in Mexico  :-X
The picture I provided is where I found an existing hole to mount it. But it's too tight. I've since unmounted it and it's hanging..I'll try loosing the bolt and see if it'll stretch back..

Onto the seats. That sucks, will other seats match back factory? Ramchargers here for parts, are always missing seats.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,324 Posts
johnnycashjunkie said:
Also I'm sure someone else has rust above windshield, any thoughts on repairing?
Yes, very complex unless you find someone who likes extensive metal forming and welding. We've seen people here replace entire roofs with good donors, new cabs, seal and pray. This is what will be the ultimate death in any truck outside the southern US.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,130 Posts
Sorry i misunderstood your E brake issue. I thought you were referring to the pedal mount.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I was checking ground wires, just to see what I have. Reading on here, people have ground running everywhere off of their battery neg. I only have one ground wire, running from neg to front of block. I was looking to add another ground to frame.

Well looking at my alternator, I have NO ground wire on it. I also need to install a fuse from alt to positive battery terminal.

My question is aren't there more wires on back of the alternator? Mine power goes straight from battery to alt.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
That is a GM alternator someone has swapped on.  Very popular due to it's "one wire" design.

You should have at least the ground from the battery to the engine block, another smaller wire from the battery to the core support and then usually another from the back of the engine intake manifold to the firewall.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
all the older stuff relied on the mechanical stuff to do the grounding , ( the bolts that hold the alt TO the engine ) newer stuff all has dedicated ground wires I run a ground wire from the engine side of the battery cable ground bolt TO the frame as well .

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
3 leaf front, 5 leaf rear.  The fronts should be flat, though are usually arched backward by now.  The rears should have a decent amount of arch with a little over 3" block, but typically are sagging as well.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.