Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 68 440 non HP motor that's very clean inside and out along with hooker headers and eldebrock aluminum intake.... dist. Correct brackets for 4x4 install. What's a good price for all? Please honest opinions ...I am considering selling and going 360 for my 89 W150....I also have brand new rebuilt trans that came behind that motor.....need pricing?? Or swap for nice 360 maybe??? Help. Thanks

·
Registered
29,712 Posts
the market is "strange" some wont pay more than $800-1000 for a 440 , while l,ve seen others get 2-3k , it all depends on the buyer , you can ask whatever you want it's weather someone will PAY that , l,d say price it High and work your way down

Reactions: dodge82273

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Buyers assume (or should) that any motor that is not freshly rebuilt (with documentation) is probably in need of being rebuilt, and they pay accordingly.

How complete is the engine?
If a buyer can hear it run that's gold. A recent video of it running is good, but not the best.

With the transmission I would say you could ask $12-1400 and see if you get any movement.

Bucky

·
Super Moderator
29,601 Posts
In my opinion, a used engine is a used engine. Without receipts of all the parts and machine work done, it's a used engine with a bucket full of unknowns. If it's in a vehicle and one can hear it run, do compression tests, etc, then that increases it's value. An engine on a stand or sitting in a tire is a core to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts