Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its running again thanks to all!
as long as i have owned this 75 r/c it has never had carpet or floor mat,sound deadner in it,when breaking in the cam i realized how blasted hot it get in side with the heat from the engine,headers ect,the heater core is not hooked up
so nothing at that point but i could not stand to be inside this
truck. i havent driven it in 5 years so i forgot about this
but i got to do something i am also missing the firewall
plug (hole on lt side below column between engine compt and cab)where might i find one? plus the truck is black with some rust ;D so anything anyone has to offer please

thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
well you can sand and treat the rust with por 15 which is supposed to stop rust. there is also high temp insulator on the market that you simply stick to the floor of the truck, but you will need a floor mat or carpet to cover it. there is also sound deadening paint you can coat the floor with before you put the insulation on. theres also header tape that you wrap around headers/manifolds/exhaust pipes to keep heat down. for any of these items try local auto parts stores, or jcwhitney.com. for floor mats to fit the 77 try saturnsurplus.com and look under m880 parts.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Here is a relatively cheap trick that will help insulate and I have done it also on my RC. Buy a couple of those aluminum colored windshield sun screens and cut them to fit over your floor pans then lay carpet over them. This works great and if you do it right, no one will notice. I lined my whole interior floor with this stuff then did the carpeting and with the air core on the sunscreen it insulates real well.

Mac

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so is the rubber floor mat for the pick up the same as
for the front half of the r/c?i have bught this truck back in
1990 and it did not have anything in it for carpet or insulation
so like i said it just gets so hot inside and i don t want to seem to........lets say thrifty but i bet i could not sell this thing for more than 250.00 its rough but i do love it so....
perfect for taking in the woods,camping,or leavig at a trail head
so any input keep it comming
thanks

·
2,317 Posts
macario has a good idea, a truck mat,carpet,sound pad should fit,but dont think it will go back to where the rear seat rises up to the back seat. if you got it new, it might. in my 78 club cag, when i got new carpet it was long,very long.

·
Registered
40 Posts
drive through a big puddle every so often to cool the headers

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I did something similar to Mac but I used rubberized undercoating and then a couple of those emergency space blankets that are fairly cheap. Two of them cover the entire floor then I put my insulated carpet down. It works quite well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.