Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a big cruze comin up tommarow night (friday) and my gas gauge dont work in my 74 duster, and i need to fix it, 1st it dont work i checked my s/u with a multi meter and i got ohms, i checked the 1 wire going to it i didnt get power am i suposed to?? and the ground is a little strap going from the s/u to the metal line because there is a ruber peice in there can any one give any help!

thanks jim

·
Registered
619 Posts
i just did a sending unit today with crap results. but what i found was some gas in the float that held it down. check yours. also check the grond and the sending unit wire for good connections. other than that i dont know. i curse the replacment s/u's so try to avoid them.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the thing i replaced my ground strap but the line is rusty i tryed steal wool but it still dont work right when i bought the car it had a mind of its own it would work then it wouldnt then it would, is there suposed to be power comign from that line going the s/u

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
try a better ground point. i have a 73 dart custom i am parting out. it has a new sending unit from what the previous owner said. i also have a dash cluster that would be usefull for parts if nessessary... let me know.

·
7,995 Posts
You may have a bad connection at the firewall bulkhead connector. I'm not sure how the Dart is setup but the power to the fuel sender should come through the connector on the firewall. Pull the connectors apart and check for corrosion or melted terminals. Might also spray them down with WD-40.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should there be a + charge or no charge is there any way to check this wire and see if it good? ill look when i go out there at the connect

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
should i be gettin a full 12v back by the s/u?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts